HitFilm 2 Image Burn Effect

Nate066Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
edited February 2013 in Post-production techniques
I didn't exactly know where to post this, hopefully this is the right area. I made this composite shot. As the title says its a Burning image effect. It has lots of control while still being easy to add a image and burn it.
Updated: Place the image you would like to burn in the embedded composite shot(Its labeled)
if you dont know how to import the .hfp file into your project you can read the README.txt file or watch the end of Axel Wilkinson's tutorial

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    This doesn't seem to work straight out of the box, as the fire effect and mask it applied to the offline media layer, so putting your own image underneath doesn't actually do anything. The best way to get around that would be to use an embedded composite shot as the source for the fire. That way the user can place their own media inside that embedded comp to have the whole shot update automatically.
  • Nate066Nate066 Website User Posts: 191

This doesn't seem to work straight out of the box, as the fire effect and mask it applied to the offline media layer, so putting your own image underneath doesn't actually do anything. The best way to get around that would be to use an embedded composite shot as the source for the fire. That way the user can place their own media inside that embedded comp to have the whole shot update automatically.
    Oh ok, thank you for telling me.
  • Nate066Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
    I updated the effect so it should work.