HELP ME PLEASE!!

isoiso Website User Posts: 44
okay I just downloaded the free trial for Hitfilm. I did the free trial because i don't have enough money. Anyways i think that i have a 32bit and the hitfilm download is a 64bit. I downloaded it and it's not opening. help me please!

Comments

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    HitFilm is 64 bit only, so you won't be able to run it in a 32 bit system. This is because it is a good amount of work to develop two version of a program, and if you want to get anywhere with filmmaking you'll have to use a 64 bit system. Almost all systems that you can buy nowadays, even the low-end ones, are already 64 bit anyways.
    To check whether you're using a 32 or 64 bit version of windows:
    [quote name="Microsoft"]
    To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:
    Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
    Under System, you can view the system type.
    If your computer is running Windows XP, do the following:
    Click Start.
    Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    If you don't see "x64 Edition" listed, then you're running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.
    If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you're running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.[/quote]
    (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions)
  • isoiso Website User Posts: 44
    thank you Robin for you help and response. I figured it out now it works on my laptop i was just a bit confused. Sorry! but again thanks a lot for your response! Have a great day sir.