Error message on startup "the audio mixing and playback engine could not be initialized"

Hello!
anyone have had this error on starting hitfilm 2 Ultimate?
"the audio mixing and playback engine could not be initialized..."
after 2-3 week without using it i suddenly got this error....
:-(
Please Help!!!
Juan

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,436 Staff

Hello!
    anyone have had this error on starting hitfilm 2 Ultimate?
    "the audio mixing and playback engine could not be initialized..."
    after 2-3 week without using it i suddenly got this error....
    :-(
    Please Help!!!
    Juan
    Hi Juan,
    Sorry you're having trouble with the software.
    Have you placed the 'Media Cache Database' on an external device & have since removed the device? If you reconnect the device the software should work again.
    If not, I'll reply to your Support Ticket with the way in which to reset the Media Cache, but re-attaching the device is the easiest solution.
    Thanks,
    Ady
  • JuanGauthierJuanGauthier Website User Posts: 8
    Thanx for the quick reply!
    I think what has happened is that me or my son accidentally deleted the media cashe folder.
    Is it somewhere in the registry i can find the setting?
    Juan
  • JuanGauthierJuanGauthier Website User Posts: 8
    Managed to solve it!
    I searched in the registry for "mediacache" and found it after a while in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/FXHOME/Hitfilm 2 Ultimate/GlobalOptions/
    and looked at the string MediaCacheFiles and its value data...it was set to "G:\Hitfilm Media Cache" and that folder was gone! So i re-created the folder on the drive and Hitfilm started as usual!
    Thanx!
  • AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,436 Staff
    edited October 2015
    Managed to solve it!
    I searched in the registry for "mediacache" and found it after a while in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/FXHOME/Hitfilm 2 Ultimate/GlobalOptions/
    and looked at the string MediaCacheFiles and its value data...it was set to "G:\Hitfilm Media Cache" and that folder was gone! So i re-created the folder on the drive and Hitfilm started as usual!
    Thanx!

Hi,

Really pleased that this worked for you & glad you are back up & running.

Obviously we try to avoid suggesting that users start editing their registry, in this case you were fine & it worked, but if any other users experience this problem please contact Support.

Thanks,
    Ady

• PrashantSharmaPrashantSharma Website User Posts: 3
    edited October 2015

Hi..its working now. I dunno if this will work further or not.

I will make post here if not.

What I did is, first I checked me cache folder situated in C:\Users\AppData\Local\FXHOME\HitFilm 3 Pro\cache\Media\Files

it is still there. Then I checked the File>options>cache in HitFilm program. The cache directory is the same. 

Then I opened my last working project and directly went to export option without scrubing any media either in timeline or the trimmer window. After adjusting the settings I exported the media and closed the HitFilm program. The export was executed flawless. Then I restarted Hitfilm after some hours, maybe 2-3 hrs and it is working now. Playback is working both, in the trimmer window and the timeline. 

I dunno if this the solution but it started to work again. 

I will post any problem happens further.

I don't know what caused the problem since my cache folders were neither deleted nor my cache directory misleaded. But it happened.

May be it works or not on other systems. But give it a try. 

• ciechociecho Website User Posts: 1

I have the same issue on Mac OS , on my MacBook Pro 2015, how I can fix this?

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,038 Ambassador

@ciechoWhat are your full system specs? Exact macOS version, CPU, GPU, RAM, and free hard drive space.