HitFilm Express not working correctly (Driver Issue)

I downloaded hit film 2 express trial version. It crashes every time I try to add a 3D effect. And also some other time like sometimes when trying to move the start point of the clip.
Is there not enough power in my computer or whats the problem?
My computer:
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3.40GHz
RAM: 6 Gb
Windows 7, 64 bit
Graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

And btw: is there a tutorial for censoring some moving (and shape or size changing) object like register sign of a moving car? Is it possible without much of manual work?
Thank you!

Comments

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Your machine seems fine, are your drivers up to date? Would have the developers take a look at it through a support ticket.
    On your question: Yes it is indeed possible without too much manual work, thanks to the 2D tracking in HitFilm.
    Using the witness protection, it could look something like this:
    How this is done is covered in this tutorial:
  • HitFilmer203961HitFilmer203961 Website User Posts: 2
    thank you for the videos!
    i actually don't know about drivers and don't know how to check the updates. but every other software works fine on this, like Adobe Premiere Elements 11.
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    edited July 2013
    To install the newest drivers, go to AMD's homepage: AMD Drivers
    And hover on "Find a Driver" in the top right corner, in the dropdown click on "Driver Autodetect". Install the drivers and check if you're still having problems.
  • jerry210jerry210 Website User Posts: 4
    i had alot of problems with crashes until i installed the AMD catalyst Drivers.
    they download size might be around 250MB and covers a group of cards such as
    "amd catalyst for 5100 radeon to 5400 readon"
    "amd catalyst for 5500 radeon to 5980 readon"
    have not had any crashes since I installed the catalyst drivers.(video drivers)