3D floor

Hello I'm new in hitfilm and i made a track with boujou imported it in hitfilm (work very well thacks to hitfilm developper(s) ) but i want to create now a plane as a floor to create the illusion that my 3d objects are in the reel world (make shadows in 3D on the video....)

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    The simplest way to do this is:
    1. Create a new white plane layer.
    2. Set the plane to 3D.
    3. Position the plane where you need your floor to be.
    4. In the plane's material properties, turn 'illuminated' off.
    5. Set the plane's layer blend mode to Multiply.
    It will then receive shadows while being invisible itself.
  • hugodecastahugodecasta Website User Posts: 4
    Thancks Simon that work but do i do to hide thincks under this plane ?
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,240 Staff
    If you don't set its blend mode to multiply, then the plane will remain visible, and hide everything underneath it.
    Yes i know but how do I show the video clip and hide 3d objects at the same time ?
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Can you explain in more detail what you mean by 'show the video clip and hide 3D objects'?
    I want the blue plane to hide the bottom of the 3d object but not to hide the video layer (and recieve shadows) check the pictures I've uploaded :
    Currently 3D models don't exist within the same 3D rendering space as planes, so you won't be able to intersect and hide the object as you describe.
    If you had a plane as an imported 3D model, you could of course intersect that with the 3D model. If you made the plane fully green, you could theoretically create a procedural travelling matte which you could then apply back to the 3D model to create the 'cut off' section. It's a bit tricky to describe. :)