Filmer 3D for Hitfilm owmycgi.net : Design and VFX.

1727374757678Β»

Comments

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Posts: 3,193 Expert
  • spydurhank

Hmm, hmm, mmm. πŸ˜€

Been exporting and testing varying Camera DOF and Motion Blur From Filmer/b3d and syncing it up in Hitfilm for a bit.

Tested at most Frame rates from 24fps to 60fps along with Focal length and animated Sensor size... yup... animated sensor size... ahem... Math glitches... Math. πŸ€£πŸ‘¨β€πŸ«

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!

Used a simple object and camera animation for this test. Exported the entire 3D scene with a couple of render passes from that old 'Light Groups' Feature from back in the Day. Freakin' Magic!! 😜

Now to test it out on an Animated Character in an entire 3D scene with a few dozen shader/materials, particles, cloth, fluid, destruction and other Dynamic simulations. Hee hee... 🧐

Happy, happy. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador
    edited November 8

I guess an animated sensor size accurately simulates a crop-zoom? πŸ˜‚

• spydurhank

Mike @Triem23 I don't understand what you're saying or why you added a question mark to your post. Really, I don't understand why you're guessing.

So, I'm re-painting an old X-wing pack that I gave out for free a few years ago with way better textures for another Free giveaway. I over-lit the scene to look for errors.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,431 Ambassador

@spydurhank Looking in good! In your copious time it would sure be awesome do a tutorial on how you create and apply textures. I am so behind on any of that in Blender/Filmer.

• spydurhank

@Stargazer54 Yeah, I could do that. Good to hear from you, I appreciate you taking the time to drop by.

Copious time huh, I like that... πŸ˜€

• Triem23

Frank, the question mark was a typo.

Lenses and sensor size: A lens focuses light onto some sort of image plane, whether a retina, film negative or camera sensor. Lenses for cameras are generally designed for a certain sensor size. So, a Canon EF lens is designed for a full-frame 35mm sensor. You can put a Canon EF lens on a Canon APS-C sensor or BMPCC 6k, but APS-C sensors or the sensors on the BPMCC are smaller, therefore the lens lens designed for the 35mm sensor throws an image too large for the smaller sensor. This is where the whole "crop factor" spec comes in.

Although my specific gag was "crop zoom," which is, of course, scaling up an image after it's captured to fake a zoom by cropping. Same thing as digital zoom, which just samples smaller sections of the sensor rather than the entire thing.

My assumption is Blender mathematically models physically correct cameras, therefore, animating the sensor size in an animation should cause the apparent field of view to change as the "same lens" is now throwing its image onto a sensor that's "changing sizes," which should look exactly like a crop zoom/crop factor.

Or, to be less wordy (too late!), animating the sensor size in a Blender scene while keeping the lens at the same focal length should do the things illustrated here.

• Triem23

... [You] decided to teach people on this forum to just steal and Copy my Filmer Vegas exporter code... recall that?

No, I recall pointing users to both Filmer and the FXhome Blender script. After you took offense I stopped referring users to the FXhome script and only to Filmer.

why in the world would I ever need to ask you about camera settings when I can obviously code for camera settings? Did I say that I don't understand Cameras?

You didn't understand what was intended as a joke. You said you didn't understand where I was coming from, so, if I over explained, sorry.

I honestly have no clue how physically accurate Blender's cameras are - there are "physically correct" shaders and physically simulated things like Ray Tracing, so it's a reasonable assumption that Blender attempts to model physically accurate cameras.

I won't blather at you about my own health issues in detail, but, have you ever noticed the larger bump on my forehead next to dent? Abnormal tissue growth next to a skull fracture. You're not the only one in this conversation dealing with damage from head trauma. That's why I try to be patient with you. I'm done, man. I've asked Staff to ban you or release me from being a Mod/Ambassador. One of us will be gone, and I don't care which.

• spydurhank
    edited November 25

Bye

If I wasn't clear, Close this thread so I can spend my last days in peace.

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,086 Staff
    edited November 25

For those reading this thread, Frank has regrettably been banned due to continuous breaches of our Community Participation Guidelines. If you're not familiar with them, please do revisit them here: https://community.fxhome.com/discussion/53781/fxhome-community-participation-guidelines#latest

We do not condone his behavior and we do not allow personal attacks. We and our moderators and users all work hard to make the FXhome community a happy and safe place to talk about creativity, filmmaking and so much more, and to be accepting and respectful of everyone :)

I am now closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.