Filmer 3D for Hitfilm owmycgi.net : Design and VFX.

1676869707173Β»

Comments

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,047 Ambassador

Combined Pass Bake

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,538 Enthusiast
    edited May 17

Just for reference: The noise is making the texture of the canvas. (image replaced for better clarity)

Thanks for the article link @tddavis

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,047 Ambassador

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! πŸ˜€

• spydurhank

Hey @CCCoder ,

I'm gonna post wips of your 3D models here which I'll try to complete this week but I'm in the backend of a paying gig right now so it could be a bit longer than a week but I'm shooting for sooner. πŸ˜€

Just made some time today for your pup. Modelling is done and just finished the most boring part... marking seams and UV unwrapping.

I'll try to finish texturing it today and get to your speedboat. The Dog's eyes are a little wonky but they should work okay. Sorry it's taking longer than expected but the paying gigs come first unfortunately.

• spydurhank

@CCCoder

Painted 4 Diffuse maps so far, this is my favorite one. Texture names are arbitrary at this point but there is also a Specular, Roughness and AO map. All textures are painted onto a single Texture Atlas

The eyes and nose have their own material slots apart from the body so it is fairly tweakable. Don't worry that it looks too shiny and wet as all I all did in the pics below was connect the textures to the stock principled bsdf shader, without adjusting the settings. Also I didn't apply Sub Surface Scattering so it looks a little meh. πŸ˜€

I'll try and get to your speed boat tomorrow. πŸ˜€

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,581 Ambassador

@spydurhank Marking UV seams is boring? That's the best part! πŸ˜…

I can't even type that lie with a straight face.

• spydurhank

Hey @CCCoder ,

Think I just about got your speedboat done. I'm leaving out the straps and gas tank as you suggested, also took a little creative freedom with the backend of the boat where the angle is around 15 degrees, I shaped it more like a real boat instead of that sharp angle because it made the boat look way to phallic. I should be able to finish UV unwrapping it tomorrow and then texture it. πŸ˜€

Been using a lot of curves lately, especially in the last several dozen models that I've built and then converting them to a mesh. πŸ˜€

Later.

Time for some 😴

• spydurhank

Ah,

spent all morning re-coding everything for the next release of Filmer because I just really had to. Way too many changes in Blender 3.0.0 this morning that broke loooooooooooooooooooooots of stuff. 😫

It was really fun fixing everything though... for sure. 🀣

Anyway, @CCCoder , got a bit more time to begin texturing your speedboat.

Frank

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,801 Moderator

@spydurhank A really nice boat, Frank. Very Crocket & Tubbs throwback🀣

• spydurhank

Ha, yeah. πŸ˜€

I remember all the grownup dudes dressed like Sonny Crocket when I was a kid.

Shoes with no socks... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 😏

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,801 Moderator

I can only do that with slip on canvas deck shoes, but getting them off without pulling the liners out is b)(*^(*^!

• spydurhank

I love socks, one of the better Human inventions. Sandals too. 😍

Love texture painting too, one of my all time favorite things to do. 😍

• GrayMotion
    edited June 11

IMHO I think we should have been born with socks already installed. Sandals on the other hand feel like celery stuck in your teeth. Not a fan. This coming from a man that hasn’t worn anything but jeans since I was 9. πŸ‘

Looks like you’re hard at work Frank. Keep up the great work…and looks like I’ve neglected Filmer this year….be on the look out. Do you take crypto?? πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

• spydurhank

Air Conditioning or Central Air in general is my favorite. πŸ˜€

Stuck with the Pal that Pays for now. πŸ˜€

• GrayMotion
    edited June 11

The Pal that Pays is actually going to start accepting crypto soon although I would rather pay direct to your crypto wallet and cut out the middle man. πŸ‘

We’ll have to chat sometime . Crypto is worth more to you than cash USD

• spydurhank

That's cool Greg. Court know that Pay Pal stuff waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better n' me so I'll ask her when I have a clear head. πŸ˜€

Other than that... just some cooler Filmer Art stuff is on the way here in a bit. πŸ˜€

Cool message from this ole timer that started Art a bit late in life. 😊