Filmer 3D for Hitfilm owmycgi.net : Design and VFX.

1646566676870»

Comments

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,475 Enthusiast

"Spillin' the VFX beans"

You did a good job editing out the ole mans language 👍

• GrayMotion
    edited January 18

Hey Frank. I have found a Blender add-on that I'd like to start using and I'm wondering if the code will work well with Filmer. You had mentioned in the past that there are poorly coded add-ons that might break Filmer thus my question.

https://github.com/robmcrosby/BlenderUSDZ

Reason: I'd like to bring USDZ files in/out of Blender (Filmer) and then back into Motion 5

EDIT: Note:This add-on has only been tested to work on Mac-OS and there are no guarantees that it will work on Windows or Linux. For the time I might be forced to use Blender 2.8 version on my Mac only but we'll see.

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,952 Ambassador

Greg @GrayMotion ,

You're on Filmer 2.92.0. so not sure if it's included. Go to file/export and see if the USDZ exporter is included in the filer export dialogue.

I've just updated my code to work in 2.93.0 a few days ago, and it has Export for USDZ built in. Doesn't import USDZ yet so that addon that you linked should be handy. It is updated to Blender 2.80 so there's a good chance that it'll work in Filmer. If not I can always update it or something at at some point.

I could test it out and stuff but I don't have a USDZ file to experiment with, think you can slide one over to me and I'll check it out? :)

• GrayMotion
    edited January 19

"I could test it out and stuff but I don't have a USDZ file to experiment with, think you can slide one over to me and I'll check it out?"

Sketchfab is full of USDZ files :-)

btw- thanks for responding sir 👍

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,952 Ambassador

@GrayMotion ,

Aha, that's cool. I'll check out Sketchfab then.

No problem, I crashed in the afternoon and didn't see your post till I responded.

• spydurhank

Started off as a... I'm just doing 3D LED lights but noooooooooo..., I kept going and made a few texture images to represent Pixel variations and or LED lights... and then I kept going and made some noise, grain, static and other tv distortion effects..., and then I kept going, everything can be animated procedurally. My new shaders do all the animating and stuff so there is no overhead with Compositing. The pixels can also be animated, scaled or simply transformed plus they can conform to any aspect ratio. Lots of other "Digital" glitches that I could add but this is cool for now. :)

Everything happens at render time so the tv shader effects stuff is reflected onto the Floor, the monitor frame and the Glass. I used one of my Glass shaders to enhance the volume and caustics dispersion. Oh yeah, there's a pane of glass that does have depth. :)

The cool thing is, I can obviously pimp out the monitor screen with "Material overrides" in Hitfilm with some other Hitfilm effects and stuff. :)

New shaders are shown way at the bottom and the closeups further below show the varying pixel patterns. This will be in my next video. :)

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,560 Moderator

Very detailed! Super cool.

• Andersen01498
    Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 981 Enthusiast

good to see that you have an emission map. Have you used substance painter? @spydurhank Its definitely worth it.

• spydurhank

Thanks Terry @tddavis

Thanks @Andersen01498 , yeah the pixel shader in the pics above is basically an emission map. :)

Yeah I used/tested SP waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, when it was in BETA. Awesome program. :)

• GrayMotion

Looks good dude!

• spydurhank

Thanks Greg.

Cleaning up some mesh data code stuff for better mesh exports to Hitfilm. Working on some other cool Filmer to Hitfilm stuff too. :)

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,560 Moderator

Ah, if only I understood a single line or all that. 😁 Isn't RNA in your genetic code?

• spydurhank

Ha!!! Yeah Terry.

Blender has dna and rna. I had to go into the dna and rna to write new modifiers and mesh editing stuff. It is actually pretty cool. :)

All of the Cycles render speed ups, modifiers, shaders and a few other things are coded in C++, and accessed with python by the user. :)

• spydurhank

Just got done coding Depth of Field and Motion Blur for my Hitfilm Comp Shot Exporter.

Also have custom Camera Markers and custom Meta Data stamp that can be printed onto the final image by changing height of the frame. This is cool because it does not cause any camera issues due to scaling and or over scanning the camera dimensions.

We can render headless for a few extra seconds of render speed. Allows you to keep working on the same scene while it is being rendered.

Create cameras with markers in the 3D viewport.

Filmer / Blender beauty pass with DOF and Motion Blur.

The same above render pass overlaid atop the same 3D scene in Hitfilm. Hitfilm's DOF and Motion Blur match up with the render pass.

Lots of other cool stuff. Doing a video demo later. :)

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,014 Ambassador
  • FlyingBanana78
    FlyingBanana78 Website User Posts: 435 Enthusiast

Awesome stuff as always man, looks great.

• spydurhank

Thanks, ya'll. :)

Ran a little behind and doing some final tests. :)

• FlyingBanana78
    FlyingBanana78 Website User Posts: 435 Enthusiast

Hahahaha when I look to the right of that image it is like hieroglyphics to me. I'll take you word for it that it is something awesome. :D