Seeking help with 3D animation!

Frankymedia
Frankymedia Website User Posts: 6
I am trying to do a scene with one or two Jet planes fly over the mountains. I have got the part to import 3D models into hitfilms, but I don't know how to make the Jet move, and also the jet fire. Can someone please offer a bit of help?

Thanks!

Comments

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    The 3D models can be moved in the same way as any other layer, using the Transform controls. Check out this tutorial for more info:
  • Frankymedia
    Frankymedia Website User Posts: 6
    Hey Simmon, thanks for your advice!
    I found a few videos relating to making Jet fly by scenes, but interestingly none of their style matches my vision yet, plus they were using after effects. From what I figure, it is bascially using the key frame function which drags the plane from one end of the camera to the other, is that right?
    Are there any similiar things in hitfilms?
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Yes, those same techniques should translate over to HitFilm without any problems.