Some weird things happening

Hi, I'm trying out HitFilm Ultimate 2, my computer is a i3 based laptop with a HD 4000 video card built in. The problems I'm having are with Atomic particle not twisting with the controls, shatter map timing not shattering from left to right like the tutorial and a few other problems with effects and rigs suddenly stop working, I know this is kinda vague. Is there an update coming for people that have Intel based video GPU's?
Here's an example
Make a new comp.
Import a simple 3D model.
Make a point and parent it to the model.
Drag in the particle system and parent it to the point that is parented to the model.
Everything works for a while and then the linking in the rig breaks and the point does not follow the model anymore, even tried parenting the particle to the model, still does not work.
This is one example of rigs breaking, I also notice that while rotating or translating some objects in the viewport do not update the control parameters in the controls pane, but if I make a small adjustment in the control pane to update the 3D models position and then go back to the viewport and make some adjustments the parameter controls start reflecting those changes in their numeric values.
Thank you for any help, please let me know if you need more info, it seems there are some bug between HitFilm and the Intel HD 4000 video card from another post I was reading.

Comments

• Ady
    Ady Posts: 1,531 Enthusiast

Hi, I'm trying out HitFilm Ultimate 2, my computer is a i3 based laptop with a HD 4000 video card built in. The problems I'm having are with Atomic particle not twisting with the controls, shatter map timing not shattering from left to right like the tutorial and a few other problems with effects and rigs suddenly stop working, I know this is kinda vague. Is there an update coming for people that have Intel based video GPU's?
    Here's an example
    Make a new comp.
    Import a simple 3D model.
    Make a point and parent it to the model.
    Drag in the particle system and parent it to the point that is parented to the model.
    Everything works for a while and then the linking in the rig breaks and the point does not follow the model anymore, even tried parenting the particle to the model, still does not work.
    This is one example of rigs breaking, I also notice that while rotating or translating some objects in the viewport do not update the control parameters in the controls pane, but if I make a small adjustment in the control pane to update the 3D models position and then go back to the viewport and make some adjustments the parameter controls start reflecting those changes in their numeric values.
    Thank you for any help, please let me know if you need more info, it seems there are some bug between HitFilm and the Intel HD 4000 video card from another post I was reading.
    Hi,
    Unfortunately there is a problem with the Twist Property on Intel cards it would seem. We have fixed this internally & the fix will come in the form of a free update to the software. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    As for the Parenting problem, would you mind uploading a Project here so that we can test it in the Office?
    Please give as much detail in any instructions you provide so we can follow them to replicate the problem.
    Many Thanks
    Ady
  • Hi Ady,
    Uploaded the file. In this file the parenting is not working even though the layers are parented, it broke when I tried to parent the camera to the Engine point layer.
    Is there an approximate time frame when the update will be available?
    Thanks for your help.
  • Ady

Hi Ady,
    Uploaded the file. In this file the parenting is not working even though the layers are parented, it broke when I tried to parent the camera to the Engine point layer.
    Is there an approximate time frame when the update will be available?
    Thanks for your help.
    Hi,
    I have downloaded your Project & cannot see a problem with the Parenting, can I just ask what Layer is that you are moving? As maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    If you move the simple ship 3D Model, everything moves with it as it should, which includes the points & the Particle Simulator.
    I have posted a video here about Parenting, maybe this helps explains it's working a bit better than I can:

Let me know if things still aren't working as they should.
    As for an exact time scale for the update unfortunately I can't provide one at this precise time. An update is currently going through QA procedures internally & if it passes you will see it released shortly (weeks, not months though) but that's the best I can do & I know that's still very vague. Sorry.
    Thanks,
    Ady
  • Thanks Ady,
    Thanks for your help, after a little more experimenting I found that I have to click on the layer to highlight it and not just try to click on the model and move it.
    Thanks again, I will check back for the update.
  • Ady

Thanks Ady,
    Thanks for your help, after a little more experimenting I found that I have to click on the layer to highlight it and not just try to click on the model and move it.
    Thanks again, I will check back for the update.
    You're very welcome!
    The software will also tell you on start-up if the update is available, so you shouldn't miss it.
    Thanks,
    Ady