Element 1.5- Fantastic new features

Check it out here: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2013/01/element-3d-v1-5-new-features-video/

I hope the Hitfilm development staff may be able to get some inspiration from this ;)

Comments

• I wonder if there are any plans for Hitfilm that allow us to import animations.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Cool stuff, and it's great that Video Copilot are adding these features in a free update. The obj sequence stuff is powerful indeed, though from Kramer's video it sounds like it is heavily dependent on GPU memory - be interesting to see just how much of a factor that is when working with it practically.
    In terms of exciting features, though, I wish I could share the conversation I had with the HitFilm devs this morning. We ain't twiddling our thumbs here. ;)
  • Just want to throw out my suggestion yet again that if you do look at implementing animated 3d objects, I definitely recommend checking out Alembic format :D the performance differences between and alembic cache and .obj sequences is astounding. Not to forget that when you export to .abc, it is a single file for the whole animation instead of potentially 100's of individual .obj files.
    Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't think any of the Fxhome staff are twiddling their thumbs! Just wish you had an alpha or pre-alpha testing group ;)
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Don't worry, ITF. When the time comes, you'll get the call. ;)