Video problems with what was shot

guitar74
guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
Hello everyone and thanks for everyone who responds to this.
I got some older video someone shot that has a lot of grainy look to it, because there was not enough light in the room at the time. Does anyone know what program I could use to remove it?? I got HF 1, sonvvegas movie studio 9, pinnacle 12, and Vision lab. I also got a program Adobe Lightroom 4, but not sure it does video. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• PhilWesson
    PhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    you could try the remove grain tool in HF, but depending on how it was shot originally, you may be out of luck... that stuff can be difficult to fix in post.
  • guitar74
    guitar74 Website User Posts: 506

you could try the remove grain tool in HF, but depending on how it was shot originally, you may be out of luck... that stuff can be difficult to fix in post.
    Well, some of it was inside a house with low light and you know how that video looks, I tried to use a grain filter on pinnacle studio and it got really messy quick. I have not tried HF. Some of the video was in a low florsent light, so tings sort of look redish, dont know if you know what I'm talking about, but that is how bad the video is. I have seen where studios can fix that sort of video, just wondering how they do it. Thanks for any help.
  • PhilWesson
    PhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    It depends on the type of footage, I think. If you have high quality video, there's certain things that you can do. You can use some of the color correcting tools in HF to compensate for the white balance (redness), but that can only go so far.