Play Button Issue

Hi Guys,
Not sure if I am the only one having this issue & apologies if this has already been asked.
I have recently got a new graphics card, HD7950 & I have started up HFU2, when I have a composite that I want to view I press the White Play button and this then seems to turn in to a stop button and nothing seems to play at all.
The only way currently I can play the composite is either by scrolling through the time line or using the RAM Preview Play button.
Not sure on how to over come this issue.
Thanks
VFX

Comments

• VaultFXVaultFX Website User Posts: 38
    Hi,
    Sorry for double posting.
    I have just looked in to this further & realised that I am having trouble with previews in the Media area also, the only way I can preview is by RAM Preview.
    Does anyone know how to fix this as I have an important project that I really need to complete.
    Thanks
    VFX
  • rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    The only think I can think of right off hand is to make sure your GPU drivers are the latest from online.

I'm assuming this is with all media, and you're not having trouble with just one file?
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,240 Staff
    Does it happen in every project? Have you closed out Hitfilm and restarted it? Have you tried rebooting your computer?
    Hi guys,
    I have update all drivers, rebooted my computer and restarted HitFilm and still no change.
    When I restart HF, the play button is there until pressed, it then changes to the stop bottom and the preview does not work, this is the same for previewing Media as well.
    I've tried repairing the installation as well and no change.
    Thanks
    VFX
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,240 Staff
    Thanks for checking that, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. Can you please submit a support ticket, if you haven't yet, explaining what card you installed when this started, and the other relevant details? Then our tech guys can look into it for you.
  • duffmanduffman Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 235 Enthusiast
    VFX....makes sure you are loading a sound card driver as well.
    If like me you have an external audio device, it must be turned on and have the driver loaded.
    I had the same problem. Support told me a sound card driver has to be loaded. Since then, if I making sure I turn on my devce prior to starting HitFilm, PLAY button becoming STOP button problem ended.
    Duff

VFX....makes sure you are loading a sound card driver as well.
    If like me you have an external audio device, it must be turned on and have the driver loaded.
    I had the same problem. Support told me a sound card driver has to be loaded. Since then, if I making sure I turn on my device prior to starting HitFilm, PLAY button becoming STOP button problem ended.
    Duff
    Duff - I've just checked the sound card & it wasn't in completely & should have known as I had no sound on the PC...Anyway everything now works so I can crack on with everything.
    Thanks again
    VFX