Making a tire spin.

I'm sure this is fairly simple but time consuming. How do I get the tires to spin on this?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Is that a 3D model, or a still image of a car? Because the process is fairly different for the two.
  • DaveYoungDaveYoung Website User Posts: 2
    Hi Axel,
    Thanks so much for replying! It's a 3D model but I finally found the tutorial that gave me enough guidance to figure it out. Keep'em coming.
  • GrumpleGrumple Website User Posts: 69
    Axel,
    I may need this effect too so on a still image, how would it be done? I am thinking motorcycle wheel, not auto.
    Thanks,
    G
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Glad to hear you got it worked out, AZis.
    Grumple - you would duplicate the layer, use a masks to cut the wheel out, so everything else was gone, then shift the Anchor point until it was in the center of the wheel. Then rotate it like the wind.
  • GrumpleGrumple Website User Posts: 69
    Thanks Axel,
    Sounds simple enough. I will give it a go and hope for the best. Keep those "how to" video's coming. :D
    G
    Should be doable, yeah. That would definitely be one approach to handling the task in a perspective shot. Though if the car is in perspective, I'd also consider just using a different image of a wheel rather than un-distorting the actual image, or using some radial blur to simulate the movement. It would depend on the specific shot and the requirements of the project, but there is almost always more than one approach that would work.
  • KrebseyKrebsey Website User Posts: 1

He axel i can you give me a link to the video where it shows you how to make tires spin because i have been looking and cannot find it thank you