Kinetic typography

[size="3"]Has anyone ever done a kinetic typography animation in HitFilm?
This is an example of what I mean:
It seems that nearly everyone who creates these animations, uses Adobe After Effects; is it possible in HitFilm 2?
A tutorial on how to do this would be very much appreciated.[/size]

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Most of that could be done in HitFilm, yes. Text would be revealed or hidden either using masks, keyframing the Position so it moves into frame, or turning the layers on and off as needed. Each word or block of text that needs to move independently of others would be a separate layer. You could convert some layers into 3D planes if you wanted to change their perspective or animate them moving in 3D space. Atomic particles could be used to break layers into smaller bits.
  • lpbh25lpbh25 Website User Posts: 5
    I have only recently got HitFilm. At first look, HitFilm looks very user-friendly, and easy to use. I have been using Sony Vegas Pro for a while, but I wanted to get into more of the compositing side of things - I know that Vegas Pro offers compositing, but I found it too complicated and I don't have After Effects. Is it easy to get the hang of HitFilm? Do you use HitFilm as your primary movie editor or do you use other editors as well? Thanks for the help.
  • Jason7Jason7 Website User Posts: 18

Yeah I feel the same way. Ive been using hitfilm for a couple years now. I find it an excellent alternative to after effects. I dont need such a  complex aspect, and I find hitfilm perfect. Very happy wit it. I also would like to see some one do a  tutorial on doing typography in hitfilm. Maybe I will. Ive def been wanting to make a typography vid and is why Im on this feed.lol. It is def easy, just dosent have that certain other program most after effecters use when doin typography, but Im guessing not all use the other conjoining program. Ive  seen that they make one big pik design of all the words creatively placed and then just flip it all around with masks and some other xtra planes.