Airplane viral video

MichaelJames
MichaelJames Posts: 2,034 Enthusiast
If you haven't seen it here it is.

Turns out my documentary and cinema making teacher made this video. Its doing gangbusters on Vimeo and Youtube.

Comments

• Aculag
    Aculag Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    Saw that earlier today. It's a really cool, and well executed idea.
  • DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,018 Just Starting Out
    Nice, well executed indeed!
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Yep, great idea and nicely done. I like that he kept it quite simple and didn't feel the need to do anything overly flashy with it - he just lets the idea speak for itself.
  • StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    Fox News Channel showed the vid on Fox and Friends the other day. Ingenious.
  • MichaelJames
    MichaelJames Posts: 2,034 Enthusiast
    Yea its 3 elements. The bridge is from one location. The planes are from Balboa park. He waited for beautiful SD day(black Friday) because the sky was pure blue and no clouds and keyed that out, and then the clouds are a 3rd element. Between youtube's 400k views and viemeo's 700k views he has over a million hits. Vimeo has slowed down but Youtube is growing now.
    He talked in class last night about how surreal the experience has been and whose been calling and talking to him about it. Some guy at MIT working on an algorithm to do live compositing without a green screen was one that stood out for him. I suggested to him contacting southwest, because it would not be the first viral video to get used for a commercial. He is a filmmaker and this is one of those rare opportunities which would allow a filmmaker the ability to work on the projects he wants to work on.