How do you slow down fire/smoke particle emitters in Vision Lab Studios??

rockstarbd82rockstarbd82 Website User Posts: 62
I'm just about to finish a huge scene for my fan film and the last thing I need to do is somehow slow down the fire/smoke in the city background. I've already tried right click and reducing the speed as you normally would. But every time I do that, the speed remains the same for some reason. Is there something I'm missing??

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    VisionLab? You'll need to adjust the speed of the particles themselves, in order to slow down the effect.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    And if you're into your particle effects, you might want to take a look at HitFilm 2 Ultimate: http://hitfilm.com/ultimate ;)
  • rockstarbd82rockstarbd82 Website User Posts: 62
    edited December 2012

VisionLab? You'll need to adjust the speed of the particles themselves, in order to slow down the effect.
    That unfortunately doesn't help me much. Could you please explain how do I slow the particles themselves??? All there is is a "speed randomizer" but when I lower that, the smoke just comes out in "puffs" and not a "steady stream" like I want it to. Same with the fire.
    @Simon
    I would but unfortunately I run on a mac and until Hitfilm is released on mac, I have Visionlab.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    The Speed Randomizer isn't what you want, that just adjusts how random the speed of each particle is. You need to adjust the Speed graph, which sets the base speed for the particles. I haven't used VisionLab in years, but if I recall, its immediately above the Speed Randomizer slider. There should be a gradient/graph looking bit, and you click on it to open the Speed graph.

The Speed Randomizer isn't what you want, that just adjusts how random the speed of each particle is. You need to adjust the Speed graph, which sets the base speed for the particles. I haven't used VisionLab in years, but if I recall, its immediately above the Speed Randomizer slider. There should be a gradient/graph looking bit, and you click on it to open the Speed graph.
    Thanks Axel, I'll give it a try.

well i did as you said. got the speed graph and positioned the points all at zero since it said on the question mark that the higher the rate, the faster the effect goes. I render it, and its still moving at super speed???
    Hm, is there gravity on the effect? That could potentially be pulling the particles in a particular direction, and create the speed you are seeing.