Recovering deleted composite... please help!

Hi all, I'm pretty new to using HF still and spent hours on a composite shot. I did a couple of test renders at various stages of production imported the latest one to play on the main timeline. Anyway at some point I must've confused this file with the composite shot and deleted the composite from the media section. Is there any way to get it back? I'd finally got it just the way I wanted and keyframing.... so much keyframing. Please help if you can guys.
Thank you

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    If you deleted it, then saved and closed the software you're out of luck, I'm afraid, there's no way to get it back.
    If that's not the case, read on...
    As long as you haven't closed the software yet or started/loaded a new project, simply use the 'Undo' feature (or the History panel) to go back to the point before you deleted the composite shot. Easy.
    This is why it's extremely important to keep versioned backups of project files and documents whenever possible (not just HitFilm projects - any project/document from any product). I tend to keep all my project files inside my Dropbox, so that it's all synced and backed up automatically, and I can easily roll back to a previous version if necessary.