Cinema 4d 14 to hitfilm: RLA-RPF, object buffers,

Hello all
I have a question : obj it's very cool but it's a object format. There's something that bothers me: I work with C4D and I seek for a proper soft for compositing. Ae, fusion (to expensif) or Hitfilm!
There is no format to import an obj 3d animation such as: fbx, bvh, or alambic.
Or the RLA-RPF format for working on object buffers,
Is it planned for the next version of the integration of the RPF with different channels?
I have a other question: is that the keyer is accurate? such as eyeon fusion or combustion4?
What do you think about it? Stabilty?
Thanks for your help and comment

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,232 Staff
    If you need to animate a model within HitFilm, you can use different groups within the model when importing it into Hitfilm, and then animate those groups independently. Or, create the animate in Cinema 4D, if its more complex, and then export to a movie file that you can composite within HitFilm. We can't say what is planned for the next version yet, as its a long ways away at this point.
    I don't fully understand your second set of questions about the keyer; could you clarify at all? Have you tried the free demo of HitFilm, to give the tools a test yourself?
  • bigyakasbigyakas Website User Posts: 2
    Sorry for my bad english. "hitfilm 2" Is it a stable program? and if the keyer is good or rotten (accurate enough or too basic)
    thank you for your comment, Alex.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    HitFilm 2 is stable and has a sophisticated keyer and numerous matte extraction tools. We'd always recommend trying out the demo to see if it fits your requirements: http://hitfilm.com/demo
    Support for more 3D model formats such as Alembic is certainly something we'd like to look into, but it won't be happening in the near future. If you need to do complex animation, this is best done in a native 3D modelling and animation app such as C4D, rather than in a compositor such as HitFilm.
  • jarsjars Website User Posts: 7

Does Hitfilm currently support importing .RPF image sequences with their multiple layers like Material ID, Object ID, or Depth of Field information? Or if not is it considered for a future version?

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    We don't support .RPF and don't have any current plans.