copying keyframes as a way of repeating animation

I'm wanting to repeat a set of position and rotation keyframes within the SAME layer's position and rotation parameters (I want it to bob up and down), but I can't figure how to copy and paste WITHIN the same layer. I can move, stretch and even paste to another layer etc, but not repeat.
Am I missing something? Any help appreciated - at the moment I'm just having to create all the keyframes separately.

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff
    Select the keyframes. Right-click and copy. Move the playhead to where you want to repeat them. Right-click in the property, on the timeline, and paste. Maybe you are forgetting the 'move the playhead' bit?
  • FergusSFergusS Website User Posts: 53
    That worked perfectly. No idea what I was doing wrong - so perhaps you are right, and I'd forgotten the playhead move. I take it that wouldn't paste - or rather, would replace the existing with themselves?
    Thanks for helping me out on a silly matter - appreciate, as always, the speed of your response.
  • BlkSERBlkSER Website User Posts: 2

Using the Atomic/Fractal effect from a tutorial online but why does this have to be so difficult? I'm trying to use it for a 5 min video introduction and copying and pasting like this is tiresome. Maybe in the next software update add an option to allow a copy every 2 seconds on a time frame etc. 

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast
    edited May 2016

@BlkSER Are you copying the same thing over and over again?

Paste it 5-6 times, then copy that and paste it 5-6 times, then copy that and paste that as many times as you need.

• BlkSERBlkSER Website User Posts: 2
    edited May 2016

OMG I had it fully zoomed in. When I Zoomed out the timeline....boy I had a smile on my face....Thanks