Deleted scenes you wish had stayed in?

AzulonsAssassinAzulonsAssassin Website User Posts: 109 Enthusiast
So I was on youtube just now, and as usual got completely off of what I was initially looking for. Anyway, I found this deleted bit of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, where after Harry gets up from being "dead" and Voldemort attacks him, Draco, the little bully that we all hated, actually yells "Potter!" and throws Harry his wand. So he was the big hero, but it was cut out.
There was also supposed to be this huge fight between Molly and Bellatrix, where Bellatrix was going to kill people that got in her way, blow up walls, and do general Bellatrix things, but it was cut down to the 38 seconds that was in the final movie.
Also, in Order of the Phoenix, Bellatrix and Sirius were supposed to have a long fight, but this was also cut. (That's why Bellatrix fires a green spell, but the one that hits Sirius is blue.)
Any that you all can think of?

Comments

• guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
    I bet there was some good seasons with the next generation cast from the star trek movies that got cut, but I never seen really any of them, but the outtakes are pro the best. Other than that not sure.....
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Having recently watched Prometheus, I was surprised to discover that the deleted scenes gave a lot of context to the nonsensical story. Definitely a case of removing too much.
    The Avengers also has some deleted scenes that gave the movie an extra flavour - mainly scenes featuring Steve Rogers' sense of not belonging in the modern era.
    The interesting thing about deleted scenes is their reason for being deleted: was it studio interference, or an artistic decision from the filmmakers?
    To take the opposite view, you then have cases of deleted scenes going back into a movie and ruining the pacing - Star Wars ep4's scene with Jabba, for example, or the entirety of Battle Royale's extended edition stuff.
  • StrikeEmStudiosStrikeEmStudios Website User Posts: 224

Having recently watched Prometheus, I was surprised to discover that the deleted scenes gave a lot of context to the nonsensical story. Definitely a case of removing too much.
    I haven't been able to get hold of the bluray yet, but i felt this would be the case when i watched it in the cinema. In fact, this is the case with just about all of Ridley Scott's theatrical cuts - too much taken out for the "masses" leaving others to wait for an extended cut or deleted scenes on home release.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Yeah. The story is still mostly bobbins, of course, populated with entirely incompetent scientists and supposed professionals, but it makes a lot more sense with the extra scenes. The Engineers in particular are more interesting, and the entirely silly behaviour of Rafe Spall's character is justified somewhat by an earlier scene where he discovers the alien life and it behaves in a friendly manner.
  • AzulonsAssassinAzulonsAssassin Website User Posts: 109 Enthusiast
    Yeah. I was completely confused by Prometheus. Anyway, I found another one. In Pirates 3, there is a scene in which Jack is having a passive-aggressive conversation with Barbossa. Then Gibbs comes in and says that the captain is wanted on deck. Jack and Barbossa both start shoving each other out of the way like kids in a school lunch line. Then they both stand at either side of the wheel. Barbossa pulls one way. Jack waits and then brings it the other way. This goes on until they are both trying to use the wheel at once, almost breaking it.
    This adds nothing to the story at all, but it was pretty funny and displayed their ongoing rivalry.
  • guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
    Prometheus, the alien race that were giant and colored whitish. They never really had a back story to them. It shows how the aliens came about, but the movie did not tell a lot. I just got the blue ray and going to watch it soon again and watch the deleted senes.