Darth Vader Returns

NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
Made another quick clip while learning the 3d model compositing. I was thinking its Darth Vader returning to Coruscant after the first Death Star gets destroyed. The music is John Williams of course... :P

Comments

• DX6channelDX6channel Website User Posts: 72
    This was interesting. Is the stuff flying by rain? I think one thing to improve would be the camera move; you got good intensity to the camera shake but I think the camera should move around the ship more. Also I think the lens flare artifacts are a little distracting. Other then that it looks good.
    Max
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    The model looked pretty good, too, so I'd probably have pushed in a bit closer on it.
  • NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out

This was interesting. Is the stuff flying by rain? I think one thing to improve would be the camera move; you got good intensity to the camera shake but I think the camera should move around the ship more. Also I think the lens flare artifacts are a little distracting. Other then that it looks good.
    Max
    Thanks! Yeah, Its rain. Its a new effect called "star travel" in HF2, which is essencially rain turned sideways. Its not really meant to be stars, mainly space dust. Because, of course, its difficult to give a sense of speed in space when theres nothing around.
    I originally did this with one camera, which does move, but then I added two more cameras because I wanted to try out multi-cam editing in HF2. So, yeah, theres no movement on the other two cams. I should animate those. BTW, I noticed that there is no way to animate whether a camera is on or off in its controls. So, the way I dealt with it was to create 2 more composite shots based on my original and then each composite has a different camera angle on the same shot. Then I brought all the comps onto the editor as though they were three different video clips. Is this the way that multi-cam editing works or did I do it a strange way?
    "Simon K Jones
    Posted Today, 10:45 AM
    The model looked pretty good, too, so I'd probably have pushed in a bit closer on it.."
    Yep, I'll give that a try as well.
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    BTW, I noticed that there is no way to animate whether a camera is on or off in its controls. So, the way I dealt with it was to create 2 more composite shots based on my original and then each composite has a different camera angle on the same shot. Then I brought all the comps onto the editor as though they were three different video clips. Is this the way that multi-cam editing works or did I do it a strange way?
    You can sort of keyframe the cameras by splitting them up - whichever camera exists topmost on any frame of the timeline will be the active camera for that frame. So, by staggering the cameras you can easily jump between them in the same comp shot.
  • NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out

You can sort of keyframe the cameras by splitting them up - whichever camera exists topmost on any frame of the timeline will be the active camera for that frame. So, by staggering the cameras you can easily jump between them in the same comp shot.
    Oh, duh! thats right. I was over complicating it....