windows 8 tablet pc

RayzorbladeRayzorblade Website User Posts: 1
http://www.windowstablettv.com/news/911-acer-iconia-w700-windows-8-tablet-specs-price-shipping/
Would hitfilm ultimate work with the acer iconia w700, as i love the idea of being able to have hitfilm to hand anywhere. I'm salivating at the thought of being able to do green screen comps on a shoot without lugging a laptop around. Editing or creating visual effects sequences on a train journey would be absolute bliss. Tell me it's possible guys.. :-)

Comments

• JediMaster33JediMaster33 Website User Posts: 62
    Rayzorblade,
    My guess would be no. The main issue is that Hitfilm 2 Ultimate is heavily GPU and CPU intensive and it also needs Windows 8 64-bit as well. Many people have asked if their laptop will run it and it really depends on your video card. As far as I know there are not many laptop cards that will run Hitfilm well and a tablet with onboard video won't be enough. I would look at the system specs it takes to run the software and get a laptop or PC that will do the job well. I hope this helps.
    John B-)
  • guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
    Well, if your acer has a HD4000 Intel which I found on the internet and have a 64 bit OS, then it should work, be sort of slow, but ask simon to be sure or someone from HF2, they can help you better!
  • AculagAculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    That thing looks nearly as bulky as a laptop anyway...
  • guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
    That is one of those laptops that turns in to a tablet from the way the pic looks
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    That's one seriously odd looking tablet!
    Theoretically with its HD4000 it should be able to run HitFilm. However, we haven't done any testing on devices like these, so I wouldn't purchase it on the assumption that it'll work at this stage. You're also going to run into storage issues pretty much immediately if you try to do any video work on a device like this.