Dawn of the Pumpkin Man - Halloween Short Film

Keegan
Keegan Website User Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
Hello and happy Halloween.
I haven't been posting much, but I browse the forums almost daily. Glad to see the community is still firing on all cylinders and pumped for HF2! :))
Anyway, last year, I made a short film called "Rise of the Pumpkin Man", which was a 17-minute epic about a man going insane with devilish thoughts of the fabled Pumpkin Man. If you feel so inclined, you can watch it here.
The sequel picks up where the last one left off, naturally. I guess there's not much else to say. Here it is! Dawn of the Pumpkin Man!

Any feedback or criticism is always welcome. The teleportation "smoke" is a little off and I can't seem to figure out why. Any tips to that extent would be greatly appreciated!! :))

Also: Didn't get the ending? Watching the end of this might clue you in ;)

Comments

• jonesbros
    jonesbros Website User Posts: 54
    Well done overall. As for the smoke - it just seems a little flat to me. Maybe it could have used another layer or two. If tinting the smoke has caused it to lose some of its depth, try using the smoke as a luminance matte source for a colored plane.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Website User Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    I didn't really tint it, but I did lower the opacity because it was a bit too thick. Maybe using the particle simulator could have given it some more depth?
    I do agree that its too flat. Hmm. I think you're right about the layering. That probably would have helped a lot. Maybe someone else will have some more insight? :P