credits

hey guys can anyone tell me how i can do good scrolling credits that look proffesional?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    Can you clarify what doesn't look professional about the ones you have been doing? Making the scrolling credits is simple enough, but I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to, specifically, with the Professional bit. If you can clarify, I think we can address that more specifically.
    To make scrolling credits, you need a text box which is much longer than your frame is tall. Then, enter the credits in the order you want them to appear. You will have to reposition the text box occasionally to keep the area where you are typing visible in the frame. Once you have all the credits in place, position the text box so the top edge of it is centered just below the bottom edge of your frame, so none of the text is visible in the frame.Enable keyframing for the Position property of the text layer. Now, determine how long you want the scroll to last, advance that far ahead on the timeline, and reposition the text box so that the bottom edge of it is just above the top of the frame.
    Now the text will scroll up the screen when you play back through. If you need to adjust the speed, just move the second keyframe. Moving it closer to the first keyframe will speed things up, moving it farther away will slow things down.
    In terms of making it look professional, make sure you choose an appropriate font. Look at the end credits of a few movies to see what fonts work well.
  • Speaker FilmsSpeaker Films Website User Posts: 24
    well when i try it i try key framing the position but when i do it it always looks jumpy and just looks very bad
  • Speaker FilmsSpeaker Films Website User Posts: 24
    but i think that is because i didnt make the text box big enough
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    Is it jumpy when you play it back in HitFilm, or after you export?