Speed and freeze problem

Hi all..was on holidays, hope everyone feels good!! Well I have only one effect to make to end my video, but for a reason I ignore it doesn't work, I put a layer with a bakcground on the timeline, then I created 2 masks with 2 different videos to make slide 2 windows the one after the other..I need that the first window falls and play the clip and then the second one, I could do it but my problem is I wanna to freeze the image of the first clip to keep the fixed image while the second clip starts to create an effect, I added "speed" to 0 and keyframed on the last image to freeze and keep the fixed image but the clip doesn't stop despite speed to 0 and keyframed...Why??? and the second thing is when the second clip starts it doesn't play all the scene, it's cut before the end (it's a short clip just 5 seconds)...don't understand why...so if someone has a solution or can help me to solve it, it would help me a lot...And to end if I solve the problem to fix the last image of the first clip how to keep it on the screen and play the second video (I wanna keep both on the screen) to understand what I wanna create look the video it's from 2.30 to 2.45
thank you

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,232 Staff
    The speed effect won't change the total length of the clip, so if you keyframe the speed to 0 on the last frame, its not going to extend the clip any longer than the source already was. What you want to do is create an image of the final frame, import that into HitFilm, then line it up at the end of the clip, so when the clip ends, the still image continues on. You can use the Export Frame command in the Options menu of the Viewer to quickly create a still image of your frame of choice.
  • moonwalkermoonwalker Website User Posts: 116

The speed effect won't change the total length of the clip, so if you keyframe the speed to 0 on the last frame, its not going to extend the clip any longer than the source already was. What you want to do is create an image of the final frame, import that into HitFilm, then line it up at the end of the clip, so when the clip ends, the still image continues on. You can use the Export Frame command in the Options menu of the Viewer to quickly create a still image of your frame of choice.
    Axel if I recapitulate, I have to add my background and be sure that the time is long enough to play the two clips, then I have to create an image of the last frame of my first clip and add it at the end on the last frame of the clip? and the second clip will play keeping the last image on the screen til the end. Did I understand well???
    Thank you for your help and kindness Axel...I learn everyday hitfilm...
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,232 Staff
    It sounds like you understood correctly, yes.