Finger Gun: Short Film

[size="7"]Finger Gun[/size]

[size="5"]What is it About?[/size]
Peter, a young chap, gets rather bored of watching films on the TV. So he looks in a catalogue, just to view some products, then as he flicks through the catalogue he sees a leaflet for the Finger Gun.
Peter decides to buy the rather expensive Finger Gun, and it arrives in the post.
From then on the film consists of Peter and his friend, Ross, playing around with this Finger Gun and doing some target practise that goes a "tad" wrong. Then at the end there is a little twist in the story.
[size="5"]What is the Finger Gun?[/size]
The Finger Gun is a small device that goes on the end of ones index finger and is controlled through the power of ones mind.
It has three modes:
Gun mode: Shoots bullets like a gun
Disitergrator mode: This disintegrates things, it shoots out a large laser, but it is not used much in THIS film.
Shock wave mode: This shoots out a shock wave sending anything in its way flying
[size="6"]My History of Film Making[/size]
As you may know I used to make many mini Lego films that I used as effects test. Now I have got a new camera, Canon 600D, I have left the Lego tests and films to start fuming with my friends.
But before I got a new camera I made a mini film at some converted barns where a boy walks round veining a house, but it turns out to be "haunted" but haunted in a different way than a traditional "haunted house". That films was called corpus paradisum, and was filmed in about 40mins, it turned out okay, but there were no VFX at all, the thing that made it was the camera work. I will put it on YouTube in the far future.
When I was very young, since I was around 6, I was making movies with my brother and family friends, when they visited. Obviously the films I used to make we're total rubbish, but what do you expect from a 6 year old, a camera, and windows movie maker!
Anyway, I have carried on making movies, and my aim is to become a "Hollywood" movie director, as clichéd as it may be, but I believe I may have a chance!
Also, in a couple of months I will be making another film, my Skyrim one. I have sorted all of it out, I just have to film and edit.
Happy Film Making

(I will update this when-ever)

Comments

• Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    Good luck! I cant wait to see it! :)
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966

Good luck! I cant wait to see it! :)
    Thanks! There are a couple of transitions that don't work too well, but I can't film them again, so I guess I will have to make do, but when the music is added it should work better :) .
    I've added some cool "dubstep gun" lasers in there for one of the shots, I've been told that it looks good, I should post some screen shots up here when I get back home tomorrow.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    Totally. Are you going to put out a trailer or just straight release it?
    Are you guys scoring it yourselves or are you getting stock music?
  • mercianfilm
    mercianfilm Posts: 161
    loving the sound of this project flexhi! it sounds a bit like on American tv programmes where a young kid sees some futurisitc device like x-ray specs or hover boards in the back of a magazine and orders them through the post- it would be cool to update this a bit! Good luck with it.
    Sam
  • Froi
    edited July 2012

Totally. Are you going to put out a trailer or just straight release it?
    Are you guys scoring it yourselves or are you getting stock music?
    I doubt it is long enough for a trailer, but I may make a 10 second long one for a bit o' fun! For this finger gun film I am just going to grab some music online and cut it into shape, I my self can't do anything with music editing wise other than clipping it and moving it onto my footage!
    But for Skyrim: Imagination my friend is making a score for it, it is basically the skyrim theme, just home made to avoid copy right haha!

loving the sound of this project flexhi! it sounds a bit like on American tv programmes where a young kid sees some futurisitc device like x-ray specs or hover boards in the back of a magazine and orders them through the post- it would be cool to update this a bit! Good luck with it.
    Sam
    I'm glad you're liking the sound of the project, makes me happy to hear interest in films my friends and I make/do.
    Exactly, it reminds me of shows where some kid finds something in a catalogue and buys it, I think I may have been inspired by the Simpsons, where Bart buys a stop watch, that stops time, from the back of a catalogue. But to be honest I can't fully remember what inspired me to script it like i did lol.
    Yes, when I get home, tomorrow I beleive, I will try and make some nice screen shots and maybe a poster/banner for my hitfilm profile (by the way, what size should a banner be?) and then post them here for all to see.
    Thanks for your interest everyone :D
  • Froi
    im editing some music on to it at the moment
  • Froi
    edited August 2012
    [size="5"]IT's OUT[/size]
    Here it is, Finger Gun short film.
    So this i my first proper short film i got to make with my friends, only ad a day to film, and my friends in it have never really acted before.
    [size="4"]Enjoy![/size]

Tell me what you think?
    [size="4"]BTS here:[/size]
  • Blu
    Blu Posts: 1
    I'm glad the VFX and stuff cover up my sketchy acting :L
  • Froi
    not that bad acting! :P
  • Brilliant work Froi-possibly my favourite short this year! I loved the use of music in this- it fitted really well and added to the humour. Whilst on the subject of humour- the leaflet was hilarious- the price of the phone line was very good- and doesn't seem that exaggerated nowadays! The vfx as well were probably the strongest in this short they were incredibly well done- the shockwaves and the demise of peter were both great and seamless. I also loved your prop- much more original than some of the other 'finger gun' type vfx videos on youtube.
    I loved this mate- i'm just in the process of watching the making of now but great work on this.
    Sam
  • Froi

Brilliant work Froi-possibly my favourite short this year! I loved the use of music in this- it fitted really well and added to the humour. Whilst on the subject of humour- the leaflet was hilarious- the price of the phone line was very good- and doesn't seem that exaggerated nowadays! The vfx as well were probably the strongest in this short they were incredibly well done- the shockwaves and the demise of peter were both great and seamless. I also loved your prop- much more original than some of the other 'finger gun' type vfx videos on youtube.
    I loved this mate- i'm just in the process of watching the making of now but great work on this.
    Sam
    I'm glad you thought it was possibly one of your favs. this year! The music I found was really hard for this, but then I found some loops, merged them together and turned it into what it is now.
    I am glad you found the price was funny, I wanted it to be high but not too high as it would ruin it. I am very glad you liked the VFX, I am still not satisfied with them though, but it all helps the learning experience by knowing where you can improve. I had some trouble making Ross fly away, but I liked the end effect there. Yes I thought I would take using your finger as a gun to a different level, I don't know if any one has done the same, but I am glad you think it is more original (I don't like copying things too much), the finger gun itself didn't take to long to make either, just some cardboard and wires and some weird foam stuff inside.
    Let me know what you think of the BTS video!
    Thanks for the comments.
  • Acting was horrid!!!!!!!
    Joking it was pretty good and decently casual.
    And people wonder why when some idiot waves a gun in my direction I loose my $#!7.
  • Froi

Acting was horrid!!!!!!!
    Joking it was pretty good and decently casual.
    And people wonder why when some idiot waves a gun in my direction I loose my $#!7.
    Well it was their first attempt at acting, and to be honest they didn't really act they were just them selves.
  • That is why I said I was joking, all in all pretty good. And its always good to start acting as yourself getting used to the camera seems to be the hard part. Again you guy did good, reminds me of the Ratchet and Clank commercials from back when. I don't know if they had them in the UK or not but they were funny you should look them up if not.
  • Froi

That is why I said I was joking, all in all pretty good. And its always good to start acting as yourself getting used to the camera seems to be the hard part. Again you guy did good, reminds me of the Ratchet and Clank commercials from back when. I don't know if they had them in the UK or not but they were funny you should look them up if not.
    yeah i know lol ;) .
    i may have seen a couple, but ill try and look it up :)