Please check out my attempt at a Deres effect!

Hi! I'm fairly new here, I have just uploaded my latest YouTube video called 'The Server King', in it I tried Hitfilms deres effect however I also exported the footage from the trial version of Hitfilm I was using and added some extra bits in to exaggerate the effect.
Have a great day and please subscribe to us on YouTube if you like our videos!
If you have any questions tweet me @cam_ward

The Server King by SureShotFilmsUK

Comments

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Nice use of derez! Also decent muzzle flashes: something a surprising number of people get very wrong.
    Also, welcome to HitFilm.com and keep up the good work! What do you have planned next?
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    edited July 2012
    Nice work! That's some high-quality stuff, you've got there!:))
  • Cam Ward
    Cam Ward Posts: 11
    Thanks for the comments guys! I have only really learnt to get those muzzle flashes looking decent recently, I'm planning to get a short horror film out by Halloween, also something super-hero related with a dark story
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966

Nice use of derez! Also decent muzzle flashes: something a surprising number of people get very wrong.
    Also, welcome to HitFilm.com and keep up the good work! What do you have planned next?
    I agree, there were some good, decent, muzzle flashes in there! And many people do muzzle flashes wrong, which can really destroy a film. I am glad you got the hang of doing them. :D
    And sureshot, i do agree with you, i think there should be normal servers again, i am not a fan either of others having servers and setting rules.
  • Cam Ward
    Thanks Flehxi! I found that with some of my older videos, little tweaks on muzzle flashes can really have a big effect.
    They should just create a private-match system for people who want custom rules!
  • Froi

Thanks Flehxi! I found that with some of my older videos, little tweaks on muzzle flashes can really have a big effect.
    They should just create a private-match system for people who want custom rules!
    i am trying some new muzzle flash techniques in a short film that i am editing ATM, the story isn't incredible, but i hope the VFX are liked, i put a fair bit of work into them, so i am eager to put the film out ;) .
    Yes, and the little tweaks make a massive difference, like if the colour is a bit wrong, or if it needs a bit of blur to make it blend in with the scene better.
    They should make something like that, or just have an option where you could use official servers, or player servers :) .
  • Cam Ward

i am trying some new muzzle flash techniques in a short film that i am editing ATM, the story isn't incredible, but i hope the VFX are liked, i put a fair bit of work into them, so i am eager to put the film out ;) .
    Sounds good, that's the kind of way I make films, VFX first story later, be sure to post a link on HitFilm when it's done!
  • Froi

Sounds good, that's the kind of way I make films, VFX first story later, be sure to post a link on HitFilm when it's done!
    Yeah, i film it, get the clips i need to VFX, then VFX them, then bring them all together with the non VFX clips and start grading and colour correcting and adding sound :D
    I will deffo link them onto hit film, i never not link i video to hit film lol! It will be out in a lil' while depending on how long it takes to find some good music, and whether i want to send it some where first, etc.
    ;)
  • Cam Ward

Yeah, i film it, get the clips i need to VFX, then VFX them, then bring them all together with the non VFX clips and start grading and colour correcting and adding sound :D
    I do the exact same! Looking forward to seeing it, actually just released the first poster of my horror short film!
    Will be posting it on Hitfilm or on my Twitter @cam_ward
  • Froi

I do the exact same! Looking forward to seeing it, actually just released the first poster of my horror short film!
    Will be posting it on Hitfilm or on my Twitter @cam_ward
    awesome, i love seeing posters it can really show you the style of a film if done right. I an't wait to see it :) (i may make a poster for my film i am making at the moment, but i doubt i will have time haha)
  • Nice, reminded me alot of VGHS; with the badass, gritty attitude of the Server King, the desperate hope of the other players and, obviously, the derez effect. Keep up the good work.
  • ESPictures
    ESPictures Posts: 533 Just Starting Out
    Looks pretty good!