Death Eater tutorial

KahvehRobinett
KahvehRobinett Posts: 443
edited July 2012 in Practical Filmmaking

This is my first tutorial and it does have some issues but stills gets the point across.
Comments on how to make better tutorials would be much appreciated.

Comments

• InTheFlesh
    InTheFlesh Posts: 143
    edited July 2012
    Nice work.
    Regarding the tutorial itself, I think your presentation is fine and there weren't any glaring issues. As you do more tutorials, you will get more confident.
    On a side note, I just posted a bunch of free cloud/smoke textures which are very highly detailed here: http://community.hitfilm.com/index.php?/topic/2456-freebies-clouds-smoke-fire-and-explosions/ And could really help push the realism of this effect
    Looking forward to what you come up with next!
    Cheers,
    Daniel.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Good stuff, thanks for doing that, Kahveh! Also good to know how to pronounce your name, we've been having a few discussions about that one in the office. :P
    The tutorial is good, the only advice I'd give is to make it both a bit snappier and a bit more detailed. Getting the detail level right is tricky, as it's hard to know exactly how much to explain, but a little bit more info about why you're doing certain things as you do it would help people I think. Similarly, try not to have gaps where you're doing stuff without narration, even if it means cutting or speeding up bits.
    Nice work regardless, and I look forward to seeing more stuff from you. :)
  • MasterWolf
    MasterWolf Posts: 369
    i like the shewwwwwwww shewwwwwwwwww sound effects
  • Thanks guys, I'll be making as many tutorials as I can over this summer break. And as for the sound effects I kinda did that without thinking about it. But since you liked it so much I'll be sure to put them in my next tutorial :D .
  • MasterWolf
    MasterWolf Posts: 369
    I do the same thing, not sure why but i find i make the goofiest sounds and faces when i am working. Ya just gotta do it.