My VFX Test

Was just playing around in HitFilm and came up with this little gem I call "Is This Normal?"

Comments

• Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    Ooh. Very...fleshy? I like it. The Flicker is kind of distracting, though. However, I seem to dislike flicker more than other people, so I wouldn't worry about that! :D
  • MasterWolf
    MasterWolf Posts: 369
    edited July 2012
    i toned the flicker way down from what i usually do, i think the youtube compression enhances the flicker because when i play the file on my computer its not nearly as noticeable.
    What this actually is, is a still image of bacon. I enhanced the image some and then imported it in HF and used the polar warp effect along with the shake and film damage effects to create the animation.
    I'm thinking this could be useful for alien parasites or something. Show someone's skin get ripped off and underneath you see some throbbing fleshy thing like this.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    That's awesome!
    I actually pictured it as looking from inside someones body. Like an organ pumping away or something. Man, that is cool. I'd like to see it integrated with some live footage :P
  • MasterWolf
    edited July 2012
    I also thought it would look kool with like a broken floor around it, like you were looking down into some pit at some sort of Lovecraftian god creature.
    or maybe the inside of some alien egg-pod thing
  • spydurhank
    spydurhank Posts: 3,193 Expert
    Freaking awesome! It's like a heart beating or an artery. Very cool. Love it. :D
  • MasterWolf

Freaking awesome! It's like a heart beating or an artery. Very cool. Love it. :D
    I actually thought it was more like an inflamed colon, but i suppose a beating heart is possible as well
  • mercianfilm
    mercianfilm Posts: 161
    Amazing and equally disgusting- the great thing about it is it gives the illusion at times that it's a pulsing boil whilst at others it looks like a vein/artery. Great work, disturbingly great work!
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Heh, lovely. I can see this working in an 80s Cronenberg movie, probably pulsating inside a TV screen, Videodrome-style. :)
    Very innovative.
  • Did this remind anyone else of the Barnacles from Half-Life?
  • MasterWolf

Heh, lovely. I can see this working in an 80s Cronenberg movie, probably pulsating inside a TV screen, Videodrome-style. :)
    Very innovative.
    just watched Videodrome... seriously weird movie. I can see why this effect brings that movie to mind