Minecraft Mod help

Froi
Froi Posts: 966
Hello, this has nothing to do with film making, so if you are looking for film topic, go else where, lol.

oky, i downloaded this mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/851939-125spthe-rc-mod-v20/ the RC mod, it works fine until i change view by pressing F5. When i press f5 to get to the RC view my minecrfat says "saving chunks" then blacks out/ crashes. help! what am i doing wrong?!

Comments

• Aculag
    Aculag Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    edited July 2012
    General chat, yes. But you know there are probably like 100 places that are better suited to answer a question like that than here... Like you know, the forum that you linked to.
  • Yah, I'm not sure how many minecraft users are on these forms. Also (not anything to do with this topic Flehxi) we should all take responsibility to not fill this website up with good for nothing topics.
  • Froi
    edited July 2012
    lol, just wondering, trying to find out on all forums i know :P
    my bad :/
    @aculag have too :P lol
    anyway, like i said, u can ignore it if don't want to read it, i was planning to make a possible mini mine craft web series which this would be in
  • Aculag
    Aculag Posts: 708 Just Starting Out

Huh? What is this in reference to?

• lol, just wondering, trying to find out on all forums i know :P
    my bad :/
    anyway, like i said, u can ignore it if don't want to read it, i was planning to make a possible mini mine craft web series which this would be in
    Now that actually sounds pretty cool. Mine craft inspired short films are awesome. Have you seen CorridorDigitals latest Mine craft short.
  • Froi

Huh? What is this in reference to?
    was posting about the problem on those forums too

Now that actually sounds pretty cool. Mine craft inspired short films are awesome. Have you seen CorridorDigitals latest Mine craft short.
    yes i have seen their latest film, it is pretty awesome, i just need to find a more original mine craft based plot for a short film. So i thought i could explore mods and stuff and see if i could generate original ideas for films, but still being based on minecraft.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    I find every playthrough of Minecraft creates its own story. Why not simply play a session from the start, maybe using FRAPS to record the session, then turn whatever happens into its own live action or live action/CG hybrid narrative? You can always then embellish with characterisation, dialogue etc.
    I've been contemplating doing something similar based on the (still in beta) game FTL. It's a randomly generated roguelike but which succeeds in creating quite a successful thriller-type sci-fi adventure with each playthrough.
  • Froi
    I gave making mini minecraft films a go, but I didn't have fraps, my friend did, so he was camera man, and then I edited the stuff, it was quite cool. And the good thing is, you can make mini sets and green screens to show what a real set may look like too! It Is very creative and really quite helpful!
    I may get fraps, I have heard good stuff about it, but I have never used it. Also I must say I haven't heard of ftl but I shall look into it, it sounds interesting :)