My Landlord said it was ok....

2»

Comments

• MasterWolf
    MasterWolf Posts: 369

Daniel - nicely put. It's the same with any creative medium: you need to take a break in order to get experience and references to put back into your work. If the work is all you are, that will eventually reflect in the work itself, making it shallower and less interesting.
    That is a tough thing for me. Art and Film making are about all I do. If I'm not working on an art or film project then I am usually alone in the woods taking nature photos or reading. I don't socialize much. I may see my friends once in a year or two. I interact with humans when I have to, not because I choose to. I find most human behaviors to be perplexing. They confuse and frustrate me. I like things that make sense, 99.9% of human behavior makes no sense at all. I've read extensively in psychology, i've gotten highest marks in psychology in school, but basic day to day dealings with humans confound me. Humans are too unpredictable. I like animals. I have worked with animals a lot in my life. Often exotic animals, often dangerous animals. I've worked with gators, venomous snakes, spiders, scorpions, etc. People often ask if I am scared of these things. No, not at all. I see no reason to be scared in anyway. With animals I always know exactly what they are thinking. Their every thought is broadcast in their body language. If you pay attention they are telling you everything you need to know. But then the motivations of most animals are pretty simple. I'm thirsty, I want to mate, I'm hungry, are you good to eat? are you going to eat me? that is about it really. Humans too often give every indication of one thing, but say and do another.
    Mostly Humans just bloody annoy me. I am so glad I am not one of them.
  • MasterWolf
    its 1 am, idiots have been in and out of my apartment all day, or calling me on the phone, all for stupid stuff that has nothing to do with me. And I wonder why I can never get anything done.
  • Dude, I feel for you. Though they had better be careful because it sounds like your about to snap . . . oh yah its 10:44 at my house and I've been up making some spark stock footage.
  • MasterWolf
    its now 2 am, idiots are still knocking on my door. Its like this every day. It starts around 6 am and goes on till 2 or 3 in the morning. Its insane.
  • Sounds ridiculous but who exactly are they? besides idiots. And what time do you have to get up?
  • MasterWolf
    edited July 2012
    they are just people who live in the apartment complex, and their friends. None of these are people I consider friends, most are barely acquaintances. None of these people have brains of their own so they all use mine. I've been asked all manner of stupid questions and had to deal with all manner of stupid situations. I am fairy certain that the landlady sends these people to me so that she doesn't have to deal with all this stupid stuff. It blows my mind that there are this many stupid people, it is even more mind blowing that they live in the same complex. I can't see how people this stupid can live. I have no idea how many times I have been asked if its ok to cook unopened canned goods in the microwave. Some times by the same person on the same day. They do things like ask if they can cook an unopened can of ravioli in the microwave... a few hours later they ask if it is ok to cook an unopened can of soup in the microwave. They expect the answer to be different because one is ravioli and one is soup. The questions i get are so completely stupid that i have a hard time believing they are real. I keep thinking that no one could be this dumb, but they are. I wonder how they survived before I moved in to the complex. Amazingly their kids seem smarter than they are. I was at one of my neighbors apartment the other day and his 5 year old was telling him how to do things. The kid sounded like a nagging mum talking to a kid. I'm like dude, you are 38 and your 5 year old knows more about basic household care than you do.
    Last night some drunk idiot was knocking on my door, i knew the guy, that is to say I had seen him around. It seems he had been staying at a friend of his in the other building and they got in a fight, so i open my door and and there is a drunken idiot and like 15 police officers. The officers were like "his friend kicked him out, can he stay with you?". I said he has a friend that lives down the hall, let me see if he can stay with him, I went down the hall to see if his other friend was home, he wasn't, I turned around and the cops were gone and there is just a drunk idiot standing there grinning at me in the hallway. I was like "dude, my place is the size of a shoe box, I don't have room for you, no way are you staying with me" but I ended up babysitting the moron until he found someone to come get him. Not at all what I wanted to be doing last night. After I finally got the drunk idiot off my hands I was so out of it that I got nothing done on what I was working on, I was hounded by this terrible feeling that any second another drunk idiot would show up at my door. Or worse, the same drunk idiot. So I ended up watching some old movie and crashing out.
    Every so often I completely go off the chain on these morons and start screaming and yelling like a blithering baboon at them. Then they usually leave me alone for a day or two, but slowly they drift back and its the same old routine once again.
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966
    Have you tried putting a sticker on your door saying "Use google to answer your questions."? :P
    I must say I feel rather sorry for you!! It must be sooo annoying for people to bother you at such times, you must tell them to leave you alone, or just try to ignore them, maybe? I don't know, but I hope your complex will start to leave you alone more.
  • Next time an idiot comes and asks you a stupid question flip on a video camera and see what you can get. Maybe you could start a YouTube channel or something.
  • MasterWolf
    i've thought about putting a do not disturb sign on my door but my fear is that they would knock on my door to ask what the sign said, most of these people are functionally illiterate.
    hmmm never considered filming these idiots, that could get interesting. a documentary of dumbness
  • Froi
    Froi Posts: 966
    you must, but you have to blur their faces or ask their permission or they could get annoyed with you putting them on the internet.
    But if you did start a show and mentioned that it was 100% real people and 100% real convocations and questions, it could get rather big! Will be the new TOWIE, (i don't watch TOWIE btw, i just know it is popular haha).
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Not to state the obvious, and I know this is easier said than done, but have you considered....moving apartment?
  • MasterWolf

Not to state the obvious, and I know this is easier said than done, but have you considered....moving apartment?
    not really an option at the moment, i wish it was. As soon as it is an option I will jump on the opportunity