Hi.
Due of the latest compition entries, I've tryed to create my own energy ball:

You may download the project file to use as a base if you like 8-|
http://hitfilm.weebly.com/gallery.html

Have fun,
Marc

Comments

• RossTrowbridgeRossTrowbridge Website User Posts: 423 Enthusiast
    thanks, Majahr! Always love your creations...
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    edited June 2012
    Fantastic work! (also: You're back!)
    Following on from Orange Pekoe's Particle Warfare, it's really exciting to see people creating such innovative work in HitFilm. We're definitely starting to see power-users emerging from the community - just in time for the software's 1 year anniversary.
    Perhaps the most impressive thing about this effect, other than its general innovation, is the way you've done it with an absolutely minimal performance impact. It looks like a complex effect yet runs easily in real time, using simple 2D filters to achieve the look.
    Clever and beautiful.
    Majahr - any plans to comp this into a live action shot? It'd work marvellously in a Street Fight-type fight, or as a Combine energy ball from Half Life 2.
  • OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    Majahr, this is brilliant! Can't wait to play with the project file and see what you did!
    I have something sort of similar in the works but I love how dynamic and fluid the movements in yours is!!!
    Keep up the great work!
  • RodyPolisRodyPolis Website User Posts: 613
    That's pretty sweet stuff!
  • pixelizedFXpixelizedFX Website User Posts: 77
    Awesome work Majahr!
  • MajahrMajahr Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 554 Enthusiast
    edited June 2012
    Hi.
    Thank you all 8-| 8-|
    And this what you're get for - an updated project file with some improvements: ;)

Enjoy,
    Marc
  • OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    Sooooo good! The subtle electricity looked awesome, reminded me of those glass electricity balls you can touch and interact with at Science Centers!
    Hi.

Majahr - any plans to comp this into a live action shot? It'd work marvellously in a Street Fight-type fight, or as a Combine energy ball from Half Life 2.
    Nope...I'm using HitFilm not for action movies ;) I'm doing some subtile vfx for my wedding movies and just for fun (= hobby) :D
    Regards,
    Marc
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    The third version of the ball with the shimmery, prism-like appearance is cool.
    If you're not going to do a live action version I might have to myself. ;)
    Incidentally, are you intending to do a tutorial for the energy ball?
    Hi.
    [quote]Incidentally, are you intending to do a tutorial for the energy ball? [/quote]
    I'll try to create new tutorials asap, but currently, I'm very busy with some other private projects...
    Regards,
    Marc
    That's fine - I was actually asking because if you weren't going to, or if you didn't have time, I'd be more than happy to put one together for the official HitFilm channel. We would of course credit you and link back to your channel.
    Let me know what you think, as I can try to put it together sooner rather than later. :)
    edited June 2012
    Hi...Feel free to put it into your own tutorial - it seems, you'll finish it earlier than I could...8-))
    Regards,
    Marc
    Cool, I'll see what I can do. :)
  • MoviesMaxwellMoviesMaxwell Website User Posts: 22
    The things you think of are really cool. But for me there's one drawback. I only own HitFilm Standard so I can't do a lot of the things that you create. You guys should also do things that you can do with HitFilm Standard.
  • TheRealJayWalkerTheRealJayWalker Website User Posts: 219
    Now that is excellent work. Quite simply staggering
    I've not really done much with the channel time shift effect before but, wow, it can do some awesome things with the energy ball:
  • KeeganKeegan Website User Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    The first things I thought of were the Energy Balls form Half-Life 2. :))
  • GrisbyGrisby Website User Posts: 299 Just Starting Out
    Marc: YOU ARE SIMPLY A WIZARD. I told you often emough, how genious you are. :-)
  • jmajma Website User Posts: 84
    Did anyone end up doing up a tutorial for this? I'd be really interested to see it (I got here by searching  Hitfilm energy ball, so I'm keen)