Lightning, y u no stay?!

Hey guys!
I'm quite new on HitFilm Ult and I was curious just how you can make a tracker work for an effect?
I can just get it to work for the entire composite shot and that's quite worthless when you want to attach lightning to someones finger tips!
Cheers guys
Jack

Comments

• pixelizedFXpixelizedFX Website User Posts: 77
    If you want lightning attached to someone's fingers, you need to track the fingertops or hand. Once it's tracked, create a new point layer and apply the tracking data to that point.
    After that go to the lightning settings> Start > Use layer: the point you just created. Also set the "Start Point" settings to 0.
    I recommend you watch this video first though:
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Yep, once you get used to applying tracking data to point layers, rather than directly to your video/image/comp, everything falls into place. :) You can then use the point layer to drive as many other layers as you want.
  • Red Eye VisualsRed Eye Visuals Website User Posts: 23
    Great! Thanks guys! :D
  • ProsperoProspero Website User Posts: 127
    Was wondering, is there any thought of allowing lightning to be a 3d effect?
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    It's not quite as simple as 'allowing' it, unfortunately. :) It is something we might look into in the future, but the 2D version actually works surprisingly well when parented to 3D points so it isn't a super high priority at the moment.