What are you working on?

FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
Hey guys, I was wondering... What are all your current/soon to make, projects? Short films, feature films, web series, etc?

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Main film thing I'm working on at the moment is the Arms Race Escalation web series. There's a production diary topic on the forum here, or you can check out the main website at armsracemovie.com.
  • FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
    I shall check it out! :)
    I am working on my skyrim film that I have mentioned before. At the moment my friend is making the soundtrack (as I can't use skyrim songs as of copyright). And soo I shall start to film and edit after my exams finish next week!
    I am also making a cowboy and alien inspired film, (the blaster on his wrist was the only thing that inspired me haha)
  • MasterWolfMasterWolf Website User Posts: 369
    Mostly I have been working on finding time with peace and quiet where I can actually get some work done. No one in my apartment complex seems to have a brain, they all knock on my door or call me constantly to ask me stupid questions or to get me to help them accomplish the most menial of daily tasks. From 6:30 am till around 2:30 am I get a constant barrage of idiotic stupid questions. It drives me completely insane. I've had to help people make Ramen noodles. Neanderthals could hunt down and slay a wooly mammoth, my neighbors can't make instant food on their own. I've actually considered turning this into a script, I think it would make a great comedy. I know I would laugh at this stuff if it wasn't happening to me. One of the questions I will never forget is "Is it possible to smoke pot through your butt?". Another thing I run into is all of my neighbors seem to be functionally illiterate, I have had to help them read books to their toddlers because they couldn't read some of the 3 and 4 letter words, no joke. Despite this, they all use texting on their cell phones as their primary form of communication. So what happens is I get a knock on my door from someone requesting my help in composing a text, i help this person send their text message... a few seconds later I get a knock from the guy who lives across the hall from the first person asking me for help in reading the text message I helped the other guy send. Yeah, these morons live across the hall from each other and they are running down to my apartment to get help sending messages back and forth. I swear they must pass each other on the stairs on their way back and forth to my apartment. I am an anti-social misanthrope, I don't social network, I don't hang out with friends, my best friend I see maybe once a year, maybe. So dealing with brain dead morons all day, day in and day out... makes me a tad twitchy. One day it took me 15 hours to plug a USB cable into my computer, just due to the constant interruptions. Some times I end up with 20 of these walking dumb in my living room unloading dumbness on me. I really don't get why they all come to me, I am not nice, I am not friendly, I berate and insult them constantly, but still they come to me for help... constantly. I am certain there is a comedy script in here somewhere. If I ever find peace and quiet to write it.
  • InTheFleshInTheFlesh Website User Posts: 143
    Currently on hiatus from work, so I'm taking advantage of the spare time to continue my education by doing a short work skills course at TAFE (that's what it is called in Australia, I think it is similar to community college in the USA).
    I'm also doing some RnD work to develop my own tools and workflows to help speed up and optimize certain situations in my commercial and personal work.
    Would love to start on a short film, but unfortunately I don't think I will have enough time currently.

Mostly I have been working on ........... If I ever find peace and quiet to write it.
    I must say i feel awfully sorry for you, but i can easily see the hilarity of your daily life, i do believe a comedy script is boldly placed in your daily life, it is just waiting to be extracted and put on paper! :)
    have you told all these "morons" to leave you alone? You say you are not friendly, evidently you are friendly, you are friendly because you welcome them into your home. it is your home, you can just tell them to go away. however, if you have told them to go away, and they won't, i suppose there isn't too much to do other than either, do what they want, or ignore them.
    well good luck to you Masterwolf, i do hope you find the time to write your script as i, and many others would love to see a film on it. Maybe take a vacation and write it! :)

Currently on hiatus from work, so I'm taking advantage of the spare time to continue my education by doing a short work skills course at TAFE (that's what it is called ............ but unfortunately I don't think I will have enough time currently.
    well i hope you do well in your education!
    to be honest i don't really know about TAFE and what not, i am still in secondary school myself (high school i believe?).
    When you do get enough time to make a short, i will be eagerly looking forward to seeing it, especially if it has your 3D work in (like your floating blue car video, which i thought was done very well).

happy film making every one!
    Most of the people in the complex are not bright enough to understand words like "No" "Leave" "I'm busy" or "Go Away", I know, I have tried. Most of them are not invited, they invite them selves. They often just barge in. Some day I am certain I will turn this whole fiasco into a comedy. Right now I think it is a bit too close to me to write it effectively.
    What I really want to write is Sci-Fi and Horror. I have a few script ideas on the shelf just waiting for some attention.
    Also I have been thinking of doing an animated short. Kinda thinking just some sort of Lost World / Skull Island. I don't really have a story in mind. Just thought it would be a kool way to try out some of the effects in HF
    Well I am looking forward to seeing what you end up doing first. :)
    Also, you mean animated, as all CGI or some stopmotion, etc.
    I'm thinking mostly animated in CG... might do some live video as well. Haven't decided if i want actors in it or not. I kinda want it to look like something right out of the 1930's. It would be difficult to get costumes and props that looked authentic to the time period. I can either animate the people as well ( I have some 1930s stuff for CG ). or I can leave people out entirely. If I just go with no people then it will be basically all Dinosaurs, landscapes and effects. Might do it like a news reel style thing.
    edited June 2012
    GCSE EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER! I just made a mini prop out of cardboard for my cowboys and aliens inspired film (nothing to do with cowboys and aliens, except the weapon, kinda).
    Then later next month i am making my long awaited short film, well long awaited for me, haha.
    that does seem quite cool master wolf. i'd love to see what you come up with :)
  • mercianfilmmercianfilm Website User Posts: 161
    Good luck with your exam results Flexhi! Seems like only yesterday when i was doing mine (It's actually 5 years- woah!) and i know they're a bit nerve racking but i hope you're as suprised as i was when i got my grades (9 A-c's it shocked me!! ) I'd be interested in seeing any pics or video of that prop you've built it sounds cool!
    I'm currently working on a ww2 short over the summer- we've already filmed a flashback scene with two great actors- it was the first time we'd worked with anyone professional and didn't have any of my family members in the scene! they were great guys to work with and really helped make the day go smooth. the scenes currently sitting on a harddrive awaiting editing but i posted a sneak picture of it on my Outlaw thread.
    [URL=http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/mercianfilm/ww2 short film/?action=view&current=IMG_0217.jpg]:D)
    http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/mercianfilm/ww2 short film/
    Also my main project- outlaw continues at a pace- it's been rough for me this year and i haven't done half the things i wish i could but that's for anothertime. here's a link to my outlaw production diary with a new costume test we did the other month. I think the costumes look pretty good- which i suppose achieved the purpose of doing a costume test- but our acting was pretty terrible!
    http://community.hitfilm.com/index.php?/topic/1194-outlaw-production-thread-update-4/
    All the best!
    Sam

Good luck with your exam results Flexhi! Seems like only yesterday when i was doing mine (It's actually 5 years- woah!) and i know they're a bit nerve racking but i hope you're as suprised as i was when i got my grades (9 A-c's it shocked me!! ) I'd be interested in seeing any pics or video of that prop you've built it sounds cool!
    I'm currently working on a ww2 short over the summer- we've already filmed a flashback scene with two great actors- it was the first time we'd worked with anyone professional and didn't have any of my family members in the scene! they were great guys to work with and really helped make the day go smooth. the scenes currently sitting on a harddrive awaiting editing but i posted a sneak picture of it on my Outlaw thread.
    [URL=http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/mercianfilm/ww2 short film/?action=view&current=IMG_0217.jpg]:D)
    http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/mercianfilm/ww2 short film/
    Also my main project- outlaw continues at a pace- it's been rough for me this year and i haven't done half the things i wish i could but that's for anothertime. here's a link to my outlaw production diary with a new costume test we did the other month. I think the costumes look pretty good- which i suppose achieved the purpose of doing a costume test- but our acting was pretty terrible!
    http://community.hitfilm.com/index.php?/topic/1194-outlaw-production-thread-update-4/
    All the best!
    Sam
    thanks! Good grades, 9 as-cs :) .
    Here are a couple of pictures, it is only made of cardboard, as the film is not a serious one, just a fun, short film test really.
    (the pictures are too big so i can't attach them :/ )
    It is always good to work with good actors. It is one thing to find a good actor, and another thing to get one to work well, haha.
    cool, what are you building the guns out of, i will be looking forward to seeing them, and don't worry, i don't count that as boasting ;) .
    Good work there mercianfilm. Good luck with the completion of your project, and have a good holiday!
    Do you have any site you can upload to (photobucket, flickr etc? ) The rifles i'm making in a quite traditional fashion- i'm shaping all the wooden parts out of wood and then anything metal is a comination of plastic and milliput- which i go through like toilet paper! i brought a box of ten packs of milliput the other month- which is a form of clay/epoxy putty- and i'm on me last pack already! I've attached a couple of photo's to show you the stage i'm at now- they take quite a lot of fine shaving and sanding. I'm currently making 3 of these lee enfields-which were standard issue for british and commonwealth soldiers during both world wars, as well as a sten submachine gun, and a german machine gun for an emplacement. Keeping me busy!

Lee enfield no4 (work in progress)
    [URL=http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/mercianfilm/ww2 short film/?action=view&current=DSCF2360-1.jpg]:D
    Sam
    Wow, awesome guns, I am impressed how u made them from scratch!
    Nice work there.
    Yes I will out the pic of the prop on Flickr when I have time, and my prop does not match the quality of yours haha.
    Hope you have a good holiday! Looking forward to the extra footage :D .
    those are some awesome props
  • greenpixelgreenpixel Website User Posts: 7
    Currently on vacation, but when i get back I am going to begin writing a script for a fan film based on the Fallout video game series with one of my friends.

Currently on vacation, but when i get back I am going to begin writing a script for a fan film based on the Fallout video game series with one of my friends.
    Have you made any videos before? i'd be interested to see some of ur work :) .
    same with others on this thread, please link your youtube channel or vimea account in, if you haven't already, it's cool to see what others have done. :)
    This is an old one I did for a Halloween contest a few years back. I took 1st place with it. I must have done ok with it because one of my prizes was a year subscription to Fright Times magazine, I won like 2 and a half years ago and they are still sending me the magazine. I also got a lot of other kool prizes, lots of software, a bunch of gift certificates etc.
    wow, did you make everything there in 3D? I hate doing 3d work, so hard. The only 3D stuff i can cope with is something like a jet plane fly past, or what ever, haha.
    very good :)
    Thanks for taking an interest guys! I love your fright time work Masterwolf! The Nosferatu style monster was really creepy! I love the old fashioned monsters to more recent incarnations.
    Like i mentioned, i went on a holiday to visit my auntie at Eton college- the kids weren't boarding there as it's their long break so we got to see a lot of the interior of the castle that no one else would see unless you worked or went to school there- it was really an honour and incredibly interesting-every wall, corner and table had so much history to it, there's an old classroom from when it was originally built in the 1500's that still has all the tables and benches engraved with students names- from then until the 1800's. We saw all the chapels (which was more like a cathedral) and the eating room that looked as though it inspired Hogwarts! It was a privilage to see it all and i wish i could share photo's with you but it would count as a security breach and get a lot of people in trouble unfortunately :( you'll have to make do with one photo!:
    [IMG]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/mercianfilm/ww2%20short%20film/th_IMG_0561.jpg[/IMG]
    This is a jeep we were hoping to film a sequence for my ww2 short film but due to the tempermental weather and the short visit we never really had a chance- we're hoping to go again later in the year so we can film the sequence. i was gutted not to be able to use it but it is a 70 year old vehicle after all and it's a wonder it still works!

wow, did you make everything there in 3D? I hate doing 3d work, so hard. The only 3D stuff i can cope with is something like a jet plane fly past, or what ever, haha.
    very good :)
    Nope, my 3D modeling skills are rudimentary at best. I can manage a few simple props but that is about it. Most of the models and figures were purchased from Daz 3D, a few from Renderosity. All the animation I did in Poser. I only had about 2 weeks to work on this in order to get it in on time for the contest so there are quite a few "cheats" if you look close. Much of the video is actually still images, I just added camera moves in editing to make it look like the image was filmed. Some times I add things like lightning or electricity to a still image, then add a camera move and that is enough to fool the eye to thinking it is an animated shot. The sky in the opening shot was filmed, i set up my camera on a beach pointed at some clouds. I find using real sky footage in animated scenes make them look a tad more real. All the voice work was done by me... unfortunately. I felt like and idiot snarling like a vampire. Oh and that is my piano playing in the beginning as well. That is about as long as my laying sounds good, anything longer than that and it breaks down pretty quickly lol. I have often wanted to go back and redo this one. At the time I was rushed with only 2 weeks to work on it, plus a lot of other projects at the time. And my skills have improved since then. I'd like to see what I could do with it now.
    I like the sky in the beginning it does make it loo more realistic, and better.
    I find 3d software very annoying, I struggle to make things, I really need to sit down for a couple of days and learn it. But I don't have the time.
    It will be interesting to see what can be done with it if you do it again now! If like to see that, but perhaps do it a bit error near Halloween, so you can release it at a time that suits it more, haha.
    I thought the grows and stuff were cool, u are a natural! Haha,
    Yes I have just started to pick up the piano playing again, I can only play a few songs:
    Truman sleeps (off the film, the Truman show)
    Time (off inception)
    And the beginning of Claire de lune
    the thing is, in order to do a really awesome Halloween video, i really should start now in order to have it ready for Halloween lol. Animation is a slow process and since i don't have a team of people to work on this stuff, its pretty much just me, it takes even longer. HitFilm is going to be an awesome tool though, i think it will greatly speed up my work flow. I have HF Ultimate and PFHoe, I want to start doing some things where I can incorporate live actors into 3D rendered environments. I want to do some tests soon where i add some tracking markers to my green screen, film my actor then use the trackers to control my camera in my render program so that the 3D environment moves according to the camera. Then I can add the footage of the actor back into the shot in HF.
    I did some rough tests the other day where I ripped my neighbor's face off. I simply put some colored stickers on his face to use as tracking points, then i filmed him, then i did up a ripped open gouged out effect in paint shop pro ( I'm too poor for photoshop ) i saved the gaping bloody hole as a png file and loaded it in HF. I then used 2D tracking to put the gory wound on his face. It didn't look too bad seeing as i spent all of 5 minutes on it. The only trouble I really had was that i kind of panned around his face with the camera and the gouge effect was only a 2d image. I manipulated the shape of the 2D effect to kind of match, but the effect was lost on the more extreme angles. I want to try doing it so that instead of doing it as a 2d image, the gore effect is a 3D model, that way it will move with the camera.
    One thing i have always done in my animation is I render out individual elements rather than animating an entire scene. I may have 2 characters interacting in a scene, but the way i render it is render 1st one character, then the other, then the environment, and lastly the effects, then all these elements come together in the final composite. A lot of people try to render a whole scene all at once. I find its easier and faster to render it out in bits and pieces and glue it all together later.
  • MaxFNPowerMaxFNPower Website User Posts: 54
    Just wanted to leave my project I've started on here. Its a web series that kind of focuses on indy film,effects, bloopers and what not. Here's the link to the forum posts. I have only done one but when JBS does another film I'll do a similar episode, but I would like to showcase other peoples stuff too.
    http://community.hitfilm.com/index.php?/topic/2547-effects-breakdown-and-first-editing-attemptbad-asphalt/
    edited August 2012
    i am doing this thing called a "Vlogging chain" where people with less than 500 subs can enter. People dont have to enter with vlogging videos, they can enter with films and stuff. I'd love to see some people enter, watch this and read the description of the video to understad it :)
    (this is also a vlog along with me talking about the competition, and my first vlog, so dont be harsh!! haha, unless u have constructive criticism :) )

im also doing something called 5 minute question time which is a show with other you tubers, it has an animated intro which you can do in hitfilm, and an audio spectrum thing as the video plays.

there is episode one of that.
  • LinkedPicturesLinkedPictures Website User Posts: 150
    I wanna be on your question time :3