Text

For the opening credits of a video I am working on I would like to display text for more that one shot on the editor timeline. Is it possible to make more than one video into a comp. on the timeline. The project I'm working on is the Warrior's Flute Episode two. Episode 1 is on below. Check it out.
I meant it's on the Movie Wall

Comments

• OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    Yes you can combine video's into a composite shot.
    Make your first video into a composite shot, open that composite shot, drag your second video into the composite. Click properties and extend the timeline for the composite. Adjust videos so that they play one after another. Add the text layer over top spanning across both videos.

Another way though losing a bit of control would be to:

If you've already edited both your shots, render them out together as one file and re add them into the time line, make a composite and add text.
    Hope that helps :)
  • MoviesMaxwellMoviesMaxwell Website User Posts: 22
    Then when you play it on the editor timeline it will play both shots?
    Oh sorry forgot to mention if you do it the first way, you also need to extend the original clip on the time line after extending the composite shot.
    The second method is easier and more straight forward but the first gives you the ability to go back and make changes if you didn't like it the first time around.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,232 Staff
    If you create a comp that just contains the text, and add it to Video Track 2 of the editor, then it will just sit above whatever video clips are below it, and can last for as long as you like.

If you create a comp that just contains the text, and add it to Video Track 2 of the editor, then it will just sit above whatever video clips are below it, and can last for as long as you like.
    That's a MUCH simpler way of doing it -.- lol