Church Project

MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
edited July 2012 in Practical Filmmaking
[size=3]Edit: In order to avoid forum clutter I am going to use this thread for all the questions I come across while working on these projects. As I have new questions I will post them at the top of this page.[/size]
[size=2]Current Question: What are, in your opinion the top five (or so) cameras on the market today under $2k?[/size]
Original Question: I'm currently working on a weekly project at my church and we upgraded from my $50 boom mic to lavaliere mics this week. However we are having trouble with the audio. The microphones are audio technica, not exactly sure which model, and we are using adapter to get the two into the Canon T2i we use. We got a strange beeping/buzzing that occurred every couple seconds. I don't have any of the footage, or I'd share it. However, without seeing/hearing it, does anyone have any idea how to eliminate it? Thanks.

Comments

• NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
    Check the mic/lin switch on the beachtek. They need to be matched to your cameras setting. So, if your camera is set to line level the beachtek needs to be switched to lin on both channels. If your cam is set to mic level then the beachtek needs to me on the mic setting. Also try the g2 g1 switch. Thats the ground switch and grounding problems can cause the problem your having also.
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    edited July 2012
    Side note:I can't believe I didn't reply to this, so I will now. Thanks Darth_ill, that makes perfect sense. I will be testing that out asap.

[size=4]New Topic[/size]
    [size=2]Bottom-line: What are, in your opinion the top five (or so) cameras on the market today under $2k?[/size]
    Background: The previous person heading up this weekly project quit this week so I will be taking over. Which produces a new problem, he owned the T2i we were using. We are now left with a Canon GL2 that the church bought several years ago. They have been thinking about upgrading for a while now and want my opinion of what camera(s) to buy.
    Previously they were looking in the $4k-$6k price range on cameras, but they can't really afford that. The pastor who oversees this project loved the quality from the T2i, as well as the price. For the most part the only thing this camera will be used for is a short, news style clip to be played before the church service. They would like to have the ability to broadcast their services live online as the church grows.
    My Thoughts: I first thought of the Canon 60D, as it is slightly better than the T2i/T3i in my experience, however I don't know if it is possible to send a live feed from the camera to the internet with said camera. I next thought of the HF G10. From what I have gathered, as far as best quality and most bells and whistles, the Canon XA10 is the best, however that may be out of their price range.
    I am definitely a Canon person so I'm not familiar with what Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Nikon or anyone else has on the market at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    Thanks greenpixel! I'll definitely bee looking into that a bit more.
    Anyone have an opinion on what they think the best five (or so) cameras on the market today are? (Under $2k)