Nvidia SLI

jdpg2jdpg2 Website User Posts: 5
First post on Hitfilms! Just picked up HitFilm Studio and i am starting to play with the tool. I do notice that using HD Video seems to lag a bit. I have seen many posts about this on the forums. Question, does your tool take advantage of multiple vidieo cards? I currently have 2x 580GTX cards in my pc which is a quad core i7 running at 4.8Ghz. I wouldnt expect any kind of lag but i am seeing it withthe HD video.
Thanks
John

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    SLI technology is designed specifically for games, and doesn't provide any benefit when working with video applications such as Hitfilm. But I'd suspect that the performance lag you are experiencing has more to do with the format of your video than it does with the gpu. What format and codec is your HD video in?
  • jdpg2jdpg2 Website User Posts: 5
    Axel,
    Thanks for the quick response. Its AVCHD Video from a panasonic HD video camera.
    John
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    edited June 2012
    We do currently have some performance issues with Panasonic AVCHD video. We're actively looking into this at the moment, so hopefully we'll have some news in the near future.
    Also: welcome to HitFilm! :)