Does the free version of the program lag more??

I just download the free version of the program, and It's lagging like crazy. I can run After effect CS4 without trouble, Premiere Pro CS4 too with HD footage. I dont understant, is their any setting I need to know to make the program not Lag, or my computer is not strong enough.

Comments

• OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    What video card and video format are you using?
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Also, what are you trying to actually do in the software? A particle effect with 50,000 particles will be more intensive than playing a video in Premiere, for example.
  • pierrickchagnonpierrickchagnon Website User Posts: 9
    thank you guys for your answers, It was a video format issue, it's running fine now!!
  • Evil Beaver FilmsEvil Beaver Films Website User Posts: 23
    What format was you using?
    And what are you using now?
  • PlayerktwPlayerktw Website User Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    I have a similar problem. Running the first project in the tutorials area, the guy firing the assault rifle. Everything is working fine until I add the Auto Levels, then the playback lags, the muzzle flash is not seen and the last moments of the clip are skipped. If I use brightness and contrast to correct the lighting differences the clip runs just fine, curious.
    I have the project template at 1080p 29.97 and the frame rate at 29.97.
    My system stats are:
    AMD FX(tm)-8150 eight core processor 3.6 GHz
    16.0 GB Ram
    64 bit OS
    GeForce GTX 560Ti with 1024 MB fixed
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated, thanks.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Are your drivers all up-to-date?
  • PlayerktwPlayerktw Website User Posts: 2
    I check the video cards drivers and it said they were up to date, what other drivers should I be checking?
    I uploaded the project to Utube and it looks fine, as I understand it the lag may be caused by my system having difficulty keeping up with the playback.
  • joeytrystjoeytryst Website User Posts: 2

I have a similar problem. Running the first project in the tutorials area, the guy firing the assault rifle. Everything is working fine until I add the Auto Levels, then the playback lags, the muzzle flash is not seen and the last moments of the clip are skipped. If I use brightness and contrast to correct the lighting differences the clip runs just fine, curious.
    I have the project template at 1080p 29.97 and the frame rate at 29.97.
    My system stats are:
    AMD FX(tm)-8150 eight core processor 3.6 GHz
    16.0 GB Ram
    64 bit OS
    GeForce GTX 560Ti with 1024 MB fixed
    Any suggestions would be most appreciated, thanks.
  • joeytrystjoeytryst Website User Posts: 2
    I pretty much have the same specs and same problem as Playerktw. I am interested if there was any solution to this problem.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,232 Staff
    The Auto effects are massively processor intensive and tend to slow down many machines. Try using the Levels Histogram effect instead of the Auto Levels and see if performance is better.
    Levels itself is also one of the slower effects, due to the particular pipeline it takes to draw the histogram (something we hope to work on in the future).