How to import presets

Is it possible to import presets into hitfilm standard?

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    You can add and manage presets from this folder on your computer:
    C:\ProgramData\FXhome\HitFilm Standard\Presets
    Note that \ProgramData\ is a hidden folder, so you might need to show hidden folders by going to Folder options first.
  • mandog14mandog14 Website User Posts: 1

mine says failed to import :/

• AndoEvilbastardAndoEvilbastard Website User Posts: 4

Getting the same problem in HF express 3... All the presets are there, but not all are importing.

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast

Could those be presets that use effects which are not available in your activation of HF3Express?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

Robin raises a good point. It seems that Express has pretty much all the complete features built-in, just requiring license keys to activate some of them.

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,058 Staff
    edited July 2015

I understand from a different thread that @AndoEvilbastard was trying to import presets not included in the free version of HitFilm 3 Express e.g. effects that have been bundled into feature packs. @mandog14is this the same for you? 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

@KristieT, I also note  the OP was from 2012 and was asking aboit Hitfilm 1. 

• Domo326Domo326 Website User Posts: 4

do presets have to be a certain one or they have to be just made for hitfilm? Can I use some that are made for After Effects or final cut pro or no?

You cannot use AE presets in Hitfilm. You cannot use FCPX presets in Hitfilm. You can't use AE presets in FCPX or FCPX presets in Hitfilm. 

In short, pretty much every NLE uses proprietary formats for inbuilt effects. 

Now, OFX effects that are compatible with different NLEs can share presets. So, for example, NewBlue Essentials presets will move across from the AE, FCPX, Vegas or Hitfilm Plug-ins.