32-bit version running on 64-bit platform

Hi all,
Long story short, we have been having some issues running this program on our machine, and trying to troubleshoot I found that we are running the 32-bit version of this program on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
1. Does it matter?
2. If yes, is there a way we can exchange the 32-bit version for a 64-bit version? We kinda don't have money to buy another verizon of it ><.
Thank you!
Raven Murder Studios.

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    While the 32-bit version should run fine on 64-bit systems, you'll be better off if you stick with the 64-bit version, so it can take full advantage of your hardware. You don't need to buy it again, just download the 64-bit installer and run it. I'd recommend uninstalling the 32-bit version first.
    http://hitfilm.com/demo
  • Raven Murder StudiosRaven Murder Studios Website User Posts: 5
    Thank you very much!
    I will give this a shot and see if this clears up any of the issues we seem to be having. Most of it is lockup / freezing / crashing issues. In any case, I will let you know.
  • Raven Murder StudiosRaven Murder Studios Website User Posts: 5
    Update:
    Upgrading from 32-bit to the 64-bit version seems to have fixed a lot of our issues, save for one: I can't export anything without Hitfilm crashing after about 30 seconds. The video card is an Nvidia GeForce 230M (1GB) video card, drivers are up to date as well. Any settings that I can try and change somewhere?
    Thank you!
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    The 230M is below the minimum requirement for Hitfilm, unfortunately, which is likely the cause of the problem.