Are my specs good enough?

McDonaldMcDonald Website User Posts: 3
I have recently downloaded the HF ultimate demo. IT gets extremely laggy every time I import a video file. The files are EDIT**1920 x 1080 p*** at 30 frames
I believe my computer is fairly strong, but can I have any suggestions. Is it the GPU that is making it run slow. I cant really do much after I import media, I have to force quit.

Machine name: OWNER-VAIO
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VPCF126FM
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6126MB RAM
Page File: 2690MB used, 9559MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 330M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A29&SUBSYS_9067104D&REV_A2
Display Memory: 3793 MB
Dedicated Memory: 986 MB
Shared Memory: 2807 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: Nvidia Defaul
Monitor Id: SNY06FA
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.940Hz)
Output Type: Internal

Comments

• OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    I'd agree that it is your GPU that is causing the slow down. Unfortunately, the GPU doesn't appear to meet the specs required.
    http://hitfilm.com/ultimate/requirements
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    Well, your GPU is below the minimum spec for HitFilm, so that is definitely a factor in the performance. The minimum requirements for HitFilm are available here: http://hitfilm.com/ultimate/requirements
    Another factor could be the video itself. 1400x1800 is a very unusual size for video; what format and codec are the video files in? Making sure that the video is in a format designed for editing can sometimes significantly help performance as well.
  • McDonaldMcDonald Website User Posts: 3
    sorry that was my typo. The files are 1920 x 1080p
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    Ah, that makes more sense, but the format and codec of the video could still factor into performance. Since HitFilm relies chiefly on the GPU for a lot of tasks, though, that is going to be the weakest link on your chain, so to speak.
  • McDonaldMcDonald Website User Posts: 3
    I was guessing that it was the GPU. I am able to play with the effects and create large explsions without any video in the backround. It runs fun and can even playback at full, but its when I input the video footage, it starts to lag and freeze. Even I have the preview screen on half or quarter... it doesnt help.
    Is the only way to fix is by getting a faster GPU?
    That, or possibly, as I mentioned, changing the format or codec of the video.