The Rise of the Nazgul - Short Film

DamonGoldspinkDamonGoldspink Website User Posts: 7
edited May 2012 in Practical Filmmaking
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4p0ggxCAo1qjvbe9o1_500.png[/img]
The Rise of the Nazgul is my latest short film project and is still in pre-production stages. The film is entirely inspired by JRR Tolkien's books, and it is set within his world of Middle Earth. The story follows two best friends who have just emigrated to the land during the second age, and they come across one of the nine rings of power given to a lost king. The Protagonists then decide to take the ring back to the elves who made it thousands of miles away. Throughout the film they encounter various problems, and trials that test their friendship.
On this forum I shall upload various media to show the current progress of the project.
Or if you want even more information and media follow my blog : http://dgspink.blogspot.co.uk

Comments

• SpectrOdrake Corp.SpectrOdrake Corp. Website User Posts: 135
    Interesting work !
    I just saw your "scene preview" Nice acting but there is not CC and vignette, You should add a CC , it's giving an ambiance to your scene ! (it's just a wip ?)

Looking forward ;)
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Sounds ambitious! What kind of production quality are you aiming for?
  • DamonGoldspinkDamonGoldspink Website User Posts: 7
    edited May 2012

Interesting work !
    I just saw your "scene preview" Nice acting but there is not CC and vignette, You should add a CC , it's giving an ambiance to your scene ! (it's just a wip ?)

Looking forward ;)
    The scene that you watched is not all entirely finished, as there are many changes I have made to this since, like improving the overall quality, and fixing the audio problems.
    Thanks for the comment and I have taken your thoughts into consideration
    edited May 2012
    Any tips or any help on how to give the film that 'special look' would be greatly appreciated, and would be credited :D

Sounds ambitious! What kind of production quality are you aiming for?
    I'm trying my hardest to keep it as close to professional quality as possible, but I am just a film student working individually, and I haven't had that much experience with 3D animation and effects, so I have written the story to a way that visual effects wouldn't be needed as much. On the other hand I am mostly using digital grading to give it the final touch.

Here is the first version of the prologue