A friend

BloodFalcon616BloodFalcon616 Website User Posts: 46
Guys, I got a problem. My cousin and I have supposedly been friends for a long time. For a period of time I even looked up to him, but now I find out that he thinks I'm less than crap compared to him. I'm completely shell-shocked and don't know what to do. I wish I could convince him somehow that I'm not just a lame nerd, but then I think, "Why do I need to convince him? Should I even talk to him at all anymore?" I'm also wondering what led him to think so lowly of me. For now I'm completely shunning him, but do you guys think there is a better solution?

Comments

• KahvehRobinettKahvehRobinett Website User Posts: 443
    I cant say I'm the best person for friendship counseling but I would just ask him why he thinks so low of you. What's the worst thing that can happen, he can only think your as good as crap once.
    Good luck, Kahveh
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Obviously we dont' know the details, but I'd start by giving him the benefit of the doubt. Did he actually tell you this, or did you hear it second hand, or is it a conclusion you drew yourself based on his actions? More often than not, this sort of thing originates with some sort of misunderstanding, so discussing the situation with him is the first step, to get the air clear and determine the facts of the situation.
    If it turns out that he in fact really doesn't like you, at all, then you have the opportunity to 1) learn a out some areas where you might be able to improve yourself (I'm not trying to imply that whatever is going on is your fault), and 2) learn a few new things a out your 'friend,' and why perhaps he's not such a great role model after all. Either way, its a bummer, and I wish you the best.
  • BloodFalcon616BloodFalcon616 Website User Posts: 46
    I know this for sure through a private conversation, but now it seems the topic only makes him angry. So now I've decided that if he refuses to talk over these respect issues, than we don't talk.
  • AculagAculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    Uh yeah. If he doesn't like you and doesn't want to talk, then it's not worth trying to mend your "friendship". Find a better friend.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Life is too short to have crap friends. Ditch him, go find better people.
    The important thing to remember is that you shouldn't have to change to fit in with other people: if you're having to do that, you're probably hanging around with the wrong people. Or you're a sociopath, but that's a whole other thing. :P
  • SketchWorkSketchWork Website User Posts: 127
    and go out there and make yourself a darn good visual effect artist and then he'll come begging for your friendship back because you're so cool :) You can then say "no thanks" or something more witty :D