Best NVIDIA GPU settings

rgbiirgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
Hello folks, I got a new notebook with a GeForce 670m and intel integrated graphics. You can tell it which applications should use which GPU, and of course Hitfilm is set to use the 670m. In addition to telling it which GPU to use, there are a lot of other options, and even though I can *guess* at what some of them do, I'm hoping some of these can be optimized for best performance with Hitfilm. For each one, I've included the current setting (most are the defaults), plus the other options available.
Any suggestions on settings that will improve Hitfilms performance?
(I do plan to play with some of them, but it's a slow process to test each combination)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Richard.

Ambient Occlusion Not supported for this application

Off, Performance, Quality

Anisotropic filtering Application-controlled

Off, 2x,4x,8x,16x

Antialiasing - Gamma correction On

Off

Antialiasing - Mode Application-controlled

Off, enhance application setting, override application setting

Antialiasing - Setting Application-controlled

Antialiasing - Transparency Off

Off, multisample,2x,4x,8x

CUDA - GPU's All

Maximum pre-rendered frames 3

0-8

Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration Multiple display performance mode

single display performance mode

Compatible performance mode

Power management mode Prefer maximum performance

adaptive

Texture filtering - anisotropic sample optimization Off

On

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias Allow

Clamp

Texture filtering - Quality Quality

High Quality

performance

high performance

Texture filtering Trilinear optimization On

Off

Threaded optimization Auto

Off

On

Triple Buffering Off

On

Vertical Sync Use the 3D application setting

Force off

Force On

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,425 Staff

Hello folks, I got a new notebook with a GeForce 670m and intel integrated graphics. You can tell it which applications should use which GPU, and of course Hitfilm is set to use the 670m. In addition to telling it which GPU to use, there are a lot of other options, and even though I can *guess* at what some of them do, I'm hoping some of these can be optimized for best performance with Hitfilm. For each one, I've included the current setting (most are the defaults), plus the other options available.
    Any suggestions on settings that will improve Hitfilms performance?
    (I do plan to play with some of them, but it's a slow process to test each combination)

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Richard.
    Hi Richard,
    I realise that everyone wishes to get the best performance from their hardware & I completely understand the need to do so. Unfortunately HitFilm is not like say for instance a Video Game where tweaking some settings will boost a frame rate / performance.
    It is highly advised you set the options within your driver to Application Preference / Controlled. This way if the feature set is needed or indeed used the Software / Application can apply the correct setting when needed rather than having settings applied throughout the use of the software.
    There is a possibility you could squeeze more performance from changing settings, but there is also a chance you could hinder performance by constantly tweaking.
    The best advice is to keep on top of driver updates, and allow the application to choose what's best when it comes to any settings.
    I hope this helps
    Thanks
    Ady