pixie dust

moonwalkermoonwalker Website User Posts: 116
Hi,
hey I would like to create pixie dust, so just can someone tell me how to do to stop the effect gradually like on the video?? I mean if I reduce opacity it doesn't look good or natural,so I would need to stop gradually the particles after a few seconds,as on the video, it's from 1.44 to 1.46 sec so I should link the particles to a point right??
thank you for your help

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    You want the emitter to stop, then the trail of pixie dust to gradually shorten, by fading out, until it is gone? If you keyframe the emitter Off once it gets to the stopping point, this should happen automatically. Use the Lifetime panel Alpha control to fade the particles out at the end of their lifetime, and you should be good to go.
  • moonwalkermoonwalker Website User Posts: 116

You want the emitter to stop, then the trail of pixie dust to gradually shorten, by fading out, until it is gone? If you keyframe the emitter Off once it gets to the stopping point, this should happen automatically. Use the Lifetime panel Alpha control to fade the particles out at the end of their lifetime, and you should be good to go.
    Thank you Axel, yeah that's exactly what I want...so I have to keyframe and go to Alpha that's all??Cause I tried but even after the last keyframe, the particles fall and fall, so keyframe off is what?? gonna try with alpha thank you, sorry I am still learning..But I understood how to add a glow to particles!!! lol
    have a nice day
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    In the General controls for each emitter, there is an Active control. Its just a toggle, so if it is on, then particles will be emitted. If it is off, no particles will be emitted. That's the control you will want to keyframe to stop more particles being created.

In the General controls for each emitter, there is an Active control. Its just a toggle, so if it is on, then particles will be emitted. If it is off, no particles will be emitted. That's the control you will want to keyframe to stop more particles being created.
    Oh ok!! gonna do it,I didn't know that.. well Axel I understood how to add glow effect on particles, just wanted to know if it was possible to create white particles with a blue glow or blur???Cause when i add the glow it's automotically the same color for example if particles are yellow, the glow is yellow too, so can I change the colour of the glow or blur??
    Thank you so much Axel for your help...nice day to you :))
    Which method are you using to add the glow? There are definitely ways to add glow of any color you want.

Which method are you using to add the glow? There are definitely ways to add glow of any color you want.
    Well, I add particles simulator on my composite, right-click, and create a new composite shot and add a new plane, then I add glow effect on the plane and glow is on the particles but the same color...cause if I don't add the glow on plane I cannot add it to the particles...Maybe I am wrong???? cause I'd like white particles with a blue glow effect, but I don't find in the control panel to change the color of the glow...
    thank you Axel
    I'd just use a Grade Layer, although using a Plane like you are doing is an acceptable option as well, if you prefer it. For the color of the Glow, the Per Channel Intensity allows you to control the color, so if you want blue glow, start by cranking up the blue. If that's still not enough, try reducing the other colors until you are happier with the result.

I'd just use a Grade Layer, although using a Plane like you are doing is an acceptable option as well, if you prefer it. For the color of the Glow, the Per Channel Intensity allows you to control the color, so if you want blue glow, start by cranking up the blue. If that's still not enough, try reducing the other colors until you are happier with the result.
    Ok Axel, well I need that particles follow the movement of the head of the subject, very quickly you know as when you shake your head to say NO, and need that particles keep a natural movement, so do I have to create a point, keyframe the position and link the particles to the point?? if yes in 2D or 3D to create a round movement with the head or do I have to create a tracker??? which is the best solution to bring natural to the quick movement of particles???
    Thank you Axel you help me a lot... have a nice day
    Making the movement natural should be a factor of the Speed of the particles, and perhaps the Forces you set up. Whether you link the emitter to a point or not, or whether you use Tracking, shouldn't matter, any of those methods could work fine.
    Are the particles coming off of the head as it shakes, or are they meant to stick to the head and move with it?

Making the movement natural should be a factor of the Speed of the particles, and perhaps the Forces you set up. Whether you link the emitter to a point or not, or whether you use Tracking, shouldn't matter, any of those methods could work fine.
    Are the particles coming off of the head as it shakes, or are they meant to stick to the head and move with it?
    Well particles have to come off of the head as it shakes but also to turn with the head to follow the movement from left to right, so particles turn with the head and fall like a rain that's why I asked you if I have to create a 3D point to use rotation or simply a 2D point or tracking....imagine a dog shacking after a bath and water drops, so you can see what I mean??lol well I know it's a weird example but it's just to explain the movement of the particles..
    thank you Axel gonna increase the speed so and maybe the forces....Thank you for your patience..
    nice day to you :))