I need some help please

ShootAuditionShootAudition Website User Posts: 37
HI everybody
I have been busy making a new 10 mintue short film. I shot the film on a panasonic SD900 which is AVCHD Video. The film was shot in 1080p frame rate 50 fps. I had to put the files into my AVS editor and produce the film uncompressed Frame size 1920 x 1080 Width 1920 Frame Rate 25 fps for it to work in my hitfilm ultimite. The problem is when I export the video from hitfilm I am losing pixels. The quility is not near as good as I shot it. The film is soon to be screened in Dublin can somebody help me. How to I get the film burth onto a disc and keep the quility?
PS I hope I am making sence :0

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    What export settings are you using in HitFilm?
    Can you clarify what you mean by 'losing pixels'? Are the actual dimensions of the video (width and height) changing, or are the dimensions the same but the quality is dropping?
  • ShootAuditionShootAudition Website User Posts: 37
    Hi Simon K Jones
    Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. It’s the quality of the video footage that is losing the edges. There are like logo lol. When I export the film in AVI the video quality looks fine but the video keeps stopping and wont play. When I export in MP4 the video quality of the footage is fine but I can’t burn a MP4 to the disc, which means I have to put it back into my AVS editor and burn it from there. I think for every time I put the footage into a new editor I lose quality.
    I wish I could just use Hitfilm for all my editing work. HITFILM ultimate is a super program, I have only touched the basics of the program and I love it. I use the Panasonic SD900. It films in AVCHD 1080p frame rate 50 fps. When I put a clip into your editor the hitfilm crashes.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    The AVI uncompressed export won't playback smoothly because your computer can't access the data fast enough. However, the data is all there correctly, so you should be able to use that AVI as a master to create DVDs and other versions. Once the AVI is converted and burnt by your DVD software it should play absolutely fine.
    The MP4 format is a compressed format, so repeatedly re-encoding to MP4 will indeed progressively lose quality. It's intended as a final distribution codec, rather than an editing format.
    Your video certainly shouldn't crash HitFilm. Have you told the support team about this?
  • ShootAuditionShootAudition Website User Posts: 37

The AVI uncompressed export won't playback smoothly because your computer can't access the data fast enough. However, the data is all there correctly, so you should be able to use that AVI as a master to create DVDs and other versions. Once the AVI is converted and burnt by your DVD software it should play absolutely fine.
    The MP4 format is a compressed format, so repeatedly re-encoding to MP4 will indeed progressively lose quality. It's intended as a final distribution codec, rather than an editing format.
    Your video certainly shouldn't crash HitFilm. Have you told the support team about this?
    Again I thank you for your help. I am going to burn a copy of my film in the AVI format to see how it looks. I havent said anything to the support team about the crashing of hitfilm. I will send them a mail today. Have a wonderful day Simon thank you
  • PawPawPawPaw Website User Posts: 54
    I also use the Panasonic SD900 and have also found that if i import clips recorded @ AVCHD 1080p 50 fps Hitfilm just falls over. If i use a lower setting i.e @25fps Hitfilm works but it is a serious jerk-athon to the point of just not being user friendly to edit with. I reported this issue several months ago and also sent in some test footage to which i never heard much back so i still am not sure what the current situation is re this format and i'm still awaiting to hear if the Panasonic AVCHD format will ever be fully supported by Hitfim. Last i heard delays where due to 3rd party issues but i do not know if this is specific to the Panasonic AVCHD format or not. Have my fingers crossed that Hitfilm will fully support this format and soon... it's been a long 6 plus months of waiting :(