Super Hero Competition Entries

XDestructionXDestruction Website User Posts: 21
I've been looking around the forum but can find no competition entries i will have finished mine soon and was thinking it may be nice if everyone also submitted their video to this page, that way everyone will able to easly see and comment on eachothers ideas.

Comments

• LKBFilmsLKBFilms Website User Posts: 24
  • XDestructionXDestruction Website User Posts: 21
  • FilmTacFilmTac Website User Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
  • InTheFleshInTheFlesh Website User Posts: 143
  • FilmTacFilmTac Website User Posts: 3
    InTheFlesh Your video is pretty realistic! Keep up the good work.
    Cheers FilmTac, worked pretty hard on it.
  • TakeAMiracleTakeAMiracle Website User Posts: 16
  • spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,820 Ambassador
    Wow, pretty awesome stuff from everyone. I.T.F. nice job on your matchmove and render, it's really good. What software did you use?
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    I agree with spydurhank. Very well done. I think that InTheFlesh's video could have benefited from a little bit of dust or dirt displacement as the car moved, but other than that was spot on. Very well done everyone.
    edited May 2012
    If you look closely you can actually see the dust, but due to the heavy compression when using the HitFilm demo, you can't really see it. Here is a less compressed still:
    [attachment=292:Shot_1_00303.jpg]
    Originally I did some tests with rigid body simulations of rocks being dragged as well, but due to the final res you wouldn't see it very well so I skipped it.
    There are quite a few issues that I didn't have a chance to correct, but I am pretty happy with how it came out in the limited time I had (I'm currently doing some contract work for a short film, so time was limited)
    Programs Used:
    Syntheyes for tracking
    3ds Max for animating the car and rendering in Vray
    Roto of my hand in Silhouette
    Compositing in After Effects
    I also photographed my own HDRI probes for light and reflections, and rebuilt the garage wall with projected images for accurate reflections as the car is pushed back.
    I would have been able to do the compositing in HitFilm, except for the need of ReelSmart Motion Blur plugin.
    I filmed the original sequence with a fast shutter speed to eliminate motionblur which helped with tracking and roto, and I rendered the car without motionblur to help speed things up.
    I'll be doing a making of video too, to show more techniques in detail.
    Cheers,
    Daniel.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Great stuff guys! We're hoping to get a flurry of entries towards the end of the competition as tends to happen, but we're already happy with what's been submitted.
    As an aside, if you can't find your movie on the Movie Wall please resubmit the link as YouTube has been misbehaving for the last couple of weeks.
  • NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
    edited May 2012

I would have been able to do the compositing in HitFilm, except for the need of ReelSmart Motion Blur plugin.

HitFilm has motion blur built in.
    On a side note: I don't think I'm going to have time to create an entry, but I don't mind because I already own HitFilm Ultimate and I would love to see someone who doesn't already own good effects software win the prize.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    The specific plugin InTheFlesh is referring to works slightly different, in that it adds convincing motion blur to video. HitFilm's motion blur works brilliantly for layers that are actually moving in 2D or 3D, but won't affect movement within a video.
    Presumably InTheFlesh was able to render out the moving car without having to include motion blur in the 3D render, then add motion blur using the ReelSmart plugin.
    It's a cool plugin.
    edited May 2012
    Exactly what I did Simon, I even filmed the backplate with a high shutter speed to allow for easier match moving, and then added motion blur back on top. Also added motion blur to my hand roto to help it blend over the car better.

On a side note: I don't think I'm going to have time to create an entry, but I don't mind because I already own HitFilm Ultimate and I would love to see someone who doesn't already own good effects software win the prize.
    Personally, I didn't just enter to show my work, I entered to have a chance to win.
    True, I own AE CS5, but it is an educational version that I use for personal projects and I wont be upgrading to a commercial version of CS6. Instead, I am looking for a cheaper alternative that still allows me to work, and HitFilm fits the bill.
  • MarkOmMarkOm Website User Posts: 63
    edited May 2012
    Might as well throw mine in
    Nice, Mark! The best thing about that clip is the timing, as the interaction between the two actors is really convincing. Presumably you shot them both separately?
  • WedgeOzWedgeOz Website User Posts: 204 Enthusiast
    edited May 2012

My entry is fairly long winded, and probably a tad overkill, but I just enjoy this hobby so much so I indulged myself a little.
    Have seen some great entries here!
  • CranialFansCranialFans Website User Posts: 92
    Some good entries there.
    Here's mine, its a bit silly, sorry, didnt have much time, so knocked it up with me, a greenscreen and of course, hitfilm.

It seems it vanished from the movie wall, which may be a good thing, lol
  • WedgeOzWedgeOz Website User Posts: 204 Enthusiast
    Hey CranialFans.....I'm lovin' it!
    It's what this is all about..special effects fun.....and yours has it all!
    Keep up the great work! :)
  • TheGriffinCamTheGriffinCam Website User Posts: 1

Unfortunately the original video I made was too long to be exported in the HitFilm demo so here is the shortened version exhibiting the VFX. Link to the original in the description :D
  • MarkOmMarkOm Website User Posts: 63

Nice, Mark! The best thing about that clip is the timing, as the interaction between the two actors is really convincing. Presumably you shot them both separately?
    I acted in both these parts, so yeah, I filmed them separately. I created the vid like this so I could test out my green screen, which I think turn out quite well.I need to invest in another green screen so I can make a corner piece so I have more room.

Unfortunately the original video I made was too long to be exported in the HitFilm demo so here is the shortened version exhibiting the VFX. Link to the original in the description :D
    I ran into the same thing. I'm not real happy with the edit I had to do to get it down to 30 secs.
  • DarkHawkDarkHawk Website User Posts: 8
    edited May 2012
    Not my best, but you work with what you got... and it suddenly seems to have lost teh last 3 seconds.. dang it..
  • gammarikgammarik Website User Posts: 3
    Here is mine :)
    Didn't turn out as good as i wanted, but why not? :)
    I didn't notice if this was covered anywhere, but can you enter the superhero competition more than once?
    Thanks.
  • benjanatorbenjanator Website User Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    here is mine

my friends and i don't have that much money to buy hitfilm ultimate or even standard :(
    please choose this so that we can make better movies
  • Chuckey3007Chuckey3007 Website User Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Here is mine, hope you like it!!!
  • madmankingmadmanking Website User Posts: 5
    Diablo 3 has also been released for one week, and surely, as what we had predicted before it was released: it provides us an excellent game experience and the sense of the screen and rich game culture and meaning what other games can't provide. Everything makes Diablo III fans crazy.
    Its release time is very short, but some super players are emerging one by one, so those of us loyal Diablo 3 fans cannot hold on to have a try. But many people haven't performed the game like them for that they can't fight the good equipments as they are. Short of equipments will bring many difficulties to obtain the excellent gaming experience what the formers have, but postponed indefinitely. It is virtually unnecessary because we can find the other to avoid this problem! Maybe at this time, we can do you a favor.
    We have cultivated the wow items area for more than eight years and ranked ourselves into the first class. Several years hard working make us earned a great reputation among customers. Now, we want to broaden our business line, so we put a new business-diablo 3 items to fulfill our customers' request. Our team members have a very rich and professional game experience, they always walk along in the forefront of the game development, so here you can get any Diablo 3 items you desire. We value diablo 3 very much according to the plans of our company. All items will be ensured adequate stocking, and sold at relatively lower price! And we can assure you that all the equipment is obtained buy man-made, so you do not need to worry about the security of your diablo 3 account, and your account will never be banned by illegal operations.In the later process of the game, the quality of your items will directly determine your experience, so assembly your diablo 3 items in a suitable way to accomplish the task becomes extremely important. In addition to diablo 3 items transactions, we can also provide our customers with the equipment assembly advice based on our abundant experience! After all that noted above, we can provide you a large amount of diablo 3 gold and fast diablo 3 power leveling, and they are sold at cheapest price in the same sector!So you should set your mind at rest to enjoy the service we provide!All the transactions are carried out in secret situation. We will never disclose to any third party any information of the transaction between us, so you do not need to concern any security problems of your information! Buy cheap diablo 3 items in a safe way, please come to visit our website:http://www.upitems.com/diablo3-items
  • FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
    edited May 2012
    I would have loved to entre, I would have done a film on something like iron man or a PC game.
    It says "Don't forget to tick the 'Broadcast' option when you upload to YouTube from within HitFilm otherwise, we won't see your entry" on the blog, but what if you want to entre and you don't have hitfilm?
    If it is for only hitfilm users, wouldn't you want to swap the hitfilm prize with something else as the people who have hitfilm ,win hitfilm, it just leaves them with two copies, and then some other cool bonus stuff (in the rest of the studio pack that's the prize).
    Just wondering, as I cant use hitfilm on my PC and would like to win it so I don't have to buy it, so I can then buy a pc that can run it.
    :)