Sci-Fi Webseries Project (trailer)

SpectrOdrake Corp.SpectrOdrake Corp. Website User Posts: 135
edited May 2012 in Practical Filmmaking
Hi everyone !
It's been a while since I came on the forum but I had really busy months ! :(
However I'm coming back with a new video of an olllddd project I created !

We use Hitfilm (for sure ^^) Blender and Ae
It's the very begining of the first episode. Each episode (or webisode) are about 7minutes, It's an Sci-fi project about a space conflit between two civilisations.
I'll post some pictures soon !

Please any advices ? feedback ?

Comments

• SpectrOdrake Corp.SpectrOdrake Corp. Website User Posts: 135
    Here Pictures of the project !
    [attachment=287:Croiseurgreg0001.png]
    [attachment=288:Sans titre.jpg]
    [attachment=289:RaxPlanete.png]
  • KahvehRobinettKahvehRobinett Website User Posts: 443
    edited May 2012
    Nice screen shots. I like the big space ship :))
    Thanks ! :)
    I'll post other pictures soon about the costumes !
    What is interesting in the project is that we are doing space scene with blender, hitfilm and Ae and the "story scene" in ships or planetes are shot on green screen with Hitfilm.
    If you have any question on the webseries project, please ask us ! :)
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Designs are looking cool. One thing I'd say is that the space camerawork is a bit odd and overly floaty. I guess you're going for the Firefly/Battlestar Galactica style of handheld/improv camerawork? I'd say the animation you've currently got doesn't quite work as it's too loose and there's too much rotation - it feels more like a drunk cameraman. :)
    Maybe take a closer look at Firefly and BSG to see exactly what tricks they used with their virtual cameras and try to mimic it.
  • SketchWorkSketchWork Website User Posts: 127
    To add to Simons post some particles in space will help make it look more vast and realistic.

I guess you're going for the Firefly/Battlestar Galactica style of handheld/improv camerawork?
    Yeah that was the idea,in the crew we're all big fan of Battlestar Galactica and the way they shot space scene is awesome (for my opinion) But yes there is too much rotation!

To add to Simons post some particles in space will help make it look more vast and realistic.
    Yep thanks for advices ! we gonna add some particles now.