Creating a Complicated 3d Image

Blitz YeagerBlitz Yeager Website User Posts: 51
I noticed in one of Freddiew's videos on YouTube, "gamers commute to work", he flips a car. What hitfilm tool/s or cheap software could I use to make one like that?

Comments

• FroiFroi Website User Posts: 966
    If it is possible u may be able to get a 3d model of a car and import it into hitfilm, then rotate it and what not, if not you'd probably need to get a 3d program and match the car to the movements of the camera, I'm not an expert with 3d editing, but that is just my rough guess :)
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,238 Staff
    Use a miniature. Toy cars that are fairly realistic are cheap and easily accessible, and realistic results will be much easier to achieve.
    If you want to go the 3D route, Blender is the best option on the cheap. But you'll also want to schedule in lots of months of time to learn the software and techniques, before you see results that are realistic.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Freddie did that using a 3D model, animated in something like 3DSMax. You could do the same, then composite the results in HitFilm.
    As Axel says, if you don't have 3D skills an alternative is to use a miniature. Shoot it on a green screen in the same lighting as your main shot, then comp it in as required.
  • Blitz YeagerBlitz Yeager Website User Posts: 51
    3dsmax, financially, is not an option. But the miniature idea is a good one
  • KeeganKeegan Website User Posts: 294 Just Starting Out
    Hey, 3ds max is free for students. A lot of people don't know about that. Autodesk gives away most of their software for free if you're a student living in the U.S.
  • MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Wow thank you for bringing that to my attention.
  • Blitz YeagerBlitz Yeager Website User Posts: 51
    How would I apply for that, would I just use my student id?
  • JCL_FilmsJCL_Films Website User Posts: 156
    I did not know about that. Thanks!